Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
As Joey Barton is back at QPR and likely to be seen at the Amex this time around perhaps we need to compose a few ditties to welcome footballs most well known hooligan, maybe to the tune of I predict a riot?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Good God, please don't start threads with titles that - I thought I was going to open the thread to see we were trying to sign him!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So he let QPR down, and Marseille want him, so Marseille should pay QPR right? Nope, Joey wants QPR to pay him £3m to leave, so Marseille can sign him for free :lol:

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
All the while Harry Redknapp is QPR manager, I'd envisage Joey Barton's prospects at QPR being about as bright as Peter Odemwingie's at West Brom.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
If we signed Barton I'd place a bet on who would be the first to be sent of next season! (Proberbly b4 the Kick off)

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
There isn't a better player in the championship, I'd have him in our team in a heart beat....

This is one of the biggest misconceptions in English football IMO. He's bullshitted all over twitter so much that somehow his own self-created hype has crept into people's subconscious and rooted itself there, leading otherwise intelligent individuals to believe he is either (a) intelligent, (b) misunderstood, or (c) a good footballer. There was a stat that his last season with QPR he had the worst pass completion rate of any central midfielder in the Premier League. Woeful for a "ball playing" midfielder, and even more so for one who regularly criticises the England selectors for overlooking him. He's an arrogant, violent simpleton, and if he does stay with QPR (which I can't see, they'll get rid of him somehow) he'll come up against Bridcutt and see what a genuinely class midfielder looks like.

PS: He'll also probably snap Buckley in half and makes some gestures to the North Stand as he trudges back to the tunnel on 62 minutes. For that reason more than any I hope El-Abd re-signs. Adam will chew the little rat up and sh!t him out.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Barton was rubbish for QPR in the season before last. Really is a mediocre player who gets by because he 'likes a tackle' but whose limited ability means he isn't really worth the hassle with all the rest of the baggage that comes with him.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
There is no way on god's earth that Joey Barton will play for QPR this season.

Incidently, i spend half my year living in France and talking to mates about French football. They tell me he did very well for the french team last season so as much asthe bloke is an ********, it seems he is a half decent footballer.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
This is one of the biggest misconceptions in English football IMO. He's bullshitted all over twitter so much that somehow his own self-created hype has crept into people's subconscious and rooted itself there, leading otherwise intelligent individuals to believe he is either (a) intelligent, (b) misunderstood, or (c) a good footballer. There was a stat that his last season with QPR he had the worst pass completion rate of any central midfielder in the Premier League. Woeful for a "ball playing" midfielder, and even more so for one who regularly criticises the England selectors for overlooking him. He's an arrogant, violent simpleton, and if he does stay with QPR (which I can't see, they'll get rid of him somehow) he'll come up against Bridcutt and see what a genuinely class midfielder looks like.

PS: He'll also probably snap Buckley in half and makes some gestures to the North Stand as he trudges back to the tunnel on 62 minutes. For that reason more than any I hope El-Abd re-signs. Adam will chew the little rat up and sh!t him out.

Not a big fan then! It's not a misconception though, it's an opinion, you don't have to like a bloke to see he's a decent footballer. As mentioned elsewhere, he did well in France, he'll shine in the championship, should he not end up elsewhere.

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
Regardless of his skill or lack of it, quite frankly the man (I use that word very loosely) is a Thug.

He is the very last person I would want my sons to watch week in week out, I crave for my children to have decent people as their role models. Genuine sportsmen for them to aspire to be like.

Thankfully, I believe we are very lucky here to have those sportsmen playing for us and I am more than happy to hear my kids say, 'I wan't to be like him when I'm older'

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's a decent player, and well intentioned (see him on Fashanu's daughter's TV programme?). But he suffers from mental health problems, and is an alcoholic. End of story.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Not a big fan then! It's not a misconception though, it's an opinion, you don't have to like a bloke to see he's a decent footballer. As mentioned elsewhere, he did well in France, he'll shine in the championship, should he not end up elsewhere.

Yep right up to the moment where he loses his temper and makes the headlines again, anyone for a sweepstake on how many games, or minutes that will be?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And we thought that some of the comments on the Brighton players sexual assault trial were potentially libellous!!

Both of his problems are on record. He has long term counseling for the first, and has admitted the second himself. I first saw him live up at the JJB (as it was) playing for Man City. He was amazing. Unfortunately his young man's problems (as they are, most florid in youth) won't fade away until his legs are gone . . . . I wish him all the best.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

This.

Average player and violent chav with a Smiths album, a twitter handle and half a copy of NME.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
'Oh Posh Spice is a slapper
She finds abstinence ineffectual
And when she's shagging Beckham
She's thinking of pseudo-intellectuals'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here