Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bullying in the workplace

Goat lung

Jan 27, 2013
Hi all , not sure how to start this but I started a new job a while back and just recently noticed some bullying going on , a couple of young blokes (, I will alias them colin and Jordan ) are being subjected to the most dreadfull verbal bullying by two men both much senior in age , the abuse normally starts with sexual threats then progresses , I feel for "colin " and "Jordan" but not wanting to cause a fuss we all turn a blind eye , what would you guys do?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Go straight to the boss and ask if he is aware of the problem.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
fine line between "playful banter" and bullying, and often bosses will turn a blind eye to make their lives easier.

Construction is a very lad orientated environment and it is probably thought of as "character building", and they probably don't think they are bullying I would think as it likely happened to them.

Bullying is in every workplace to some extent and the way I deal with it if I see it, is to defend the people and turn the tables a bit. But I've always been like that.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
apparently, putting someones clothes in the shower is banter.
But setting fire to them? ohhhhh no, thats bullying apparently. what has the world come to :nono:

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Hi all , not sure how to start this but I started a new job a while back and just recently noticed some bullying going on , a couple of young blokes (, I will alias them colin and Jordan ) are being subjected to the most dreadfull verbal bullying by two men both much senior in age , the abuse normally starts with sexual threats then progresses , I feel for "colin " and "Jordan" but not wanting to cause a fuss we all turn a blind eye , what would you guys do?
I'm sorry to hear about you workplace problems Colin, just help Jordan through these troubling times and you'll both be much stronger characters for the experience.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Got a camera on your phone? It is always useful to have evidence.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Be very cautious whatever you do unless you fully trust (in fact even if you do) higher management. Quite possible that you could have the whole situation turned on yourself and be surprised at becoming the victim of harassment / victimization. Tread carefully, those in positions of authority do not always have the good of the whole company / workforce at heart and a verbal / written statement by yourself may put them in an uncomfortable position. Its a difficult one.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Maybe you should suggest to "Colin" and "Jordan" that they should speak the union rep on site if they are upset by the treatment they receive.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Tell them to stop playing with them.

Goat lung

Jan 27, 2013
I think I may have witnessed going ons in the porta loo, it's a tricky situation

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here