Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Coldean parking. What's the latest?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LamieRobertson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh i guess we should just stop going save the club the bother...you seem to jump on the idea that everyone parks there because they cant be bothered to use P/R and train, whilst not even considering there be may be a very good reason
    I made no reference to if people had a valid reason to park there or not, just that its ended up costing the club a lot of money.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SIMMO SAYS View Post
      I live in the back end of Widdicombe Way and have had to get Permits for my car/van/visitor.
      It's a good 25 minute brisk walk but 35 minute stroll--------------who the feck is going to park further out than this and walk. They will have to park south of The Avenue and get the bus in.
      If you have a permit, shirley you can drive one of your vehicles closer to the ground and park up legally
      The best bit of advice I can give is, 'Think for yourself...'
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      Which with people like goldstone around they never will be.
      Hey, hang on a minute. I drive down the A23. Mill Road P&R is full about an hour before the game and I'm certainly not going to get there any earlier than that. The racecourse means driving through half of Brighton (the least car-friendly town on the planet).

What's left? Mithras House I guess, but what's the best way to get there from the A23?

Bolwarks to the council, I say.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by goldstone View Post
      Hey, hang on a minute. I drive down the A23. Mill Road P&R is full about an hour before the game and I'm certainly not going to get there any earlier than that. The racecourse means driving through half of Brighton (the least car-friendly town on the planet).

What's left? Mithras House I guess, but what's the best way to get there from the A23?

Bolwarks to the council, I say.
      Yup, same situation.

This season for Saturday games I can drive to the edge of Lewes, and catch a 28 or 29 to the ground with a bus every 10 minutes. Don't know what to do for evening games when the buses aren't so frequent?
      In this great future you can't forget your past

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bob! View Post
      Yup, same situation.

This season for Saturday games I can drive to the edge of Lewes, and catch a 28 or 29 to the ground with a bus every 10 minutes. Don't know what to do for evening games when the buses aren't so frequent?
      Train is quick and frequent to Lewes

0 Not allowed!
      I'm surprised that whoever owns the land near the ground has not turned it into a large temporary car park on match days and charged a £5er to park their. Both parking, busses and trains need to be better and in time I'm sure it will. If however you can afford the £10er a game, then the bridge car park works well on a Saturday game, not sure about evening games tho as there is only one exit
      STAND OR FALL

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by HAILSHAM SEAGULL View Post
      Train is quick and frequent to Lewes
      What's the free parking like near the station?
      In this great future you can't forget your past

0 Not allowed!
      The road signs on the A270 have already gone up, stating where the Event Day parking restrictions kick in.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

0 Not allowed!
      Coming down from Andover Coldean really helped on Tuesday night games. Next season will be interesting.

I emailed the club and they suggested the Bridge Car Park Wasn't it £11 pre book last year £13 on the day? If so it has gone to £13 pre book £15 on the day.
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wilka View Post
      I made no reference to if people had a valid reason to park there or not, just that its ended up costing the club a lot of money.
      And clearly aimed at all and sundry finished off with an exclamation mark