Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coldean parking. What's the latest?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Oh i guess we should just stop going save the club the bother...you seem to jump on the idea that everyone parks there because they cant be bothered to use P/R and train, whilst not even considering there be may be a very good reason

I made no reference to if people had a valid reason to park there or not, just that its ended up costing the club a lot of money.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I live in the back end of Widdicombe Way and have had to get Permits for my car/van/visitor.
It's a good 25 minute brisk walk but 35 minute stroll--------------who the feck is going to park further out than this and walk. They will have to park south of The Avenue and get the bus in.

If you have a permit, shirley you can drive one of your vehicles closer to the ground and park up legally ???

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Which with people like goldstone around they never will be.

Hey, hang on a minute. I drive down the A23. Mill Road P&R is full about an hour before the game and I'm certainly not going to get there any earlier than that. The racecourse means driving through half of Brighton (the least car-friendly town on the planet).

What's left? Mithras House I guess, but what's the best way to get there from the A23?

Bolwarks to the council, I say.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Hey, hang on a minute. I drive down the A23. Mill Road P&R is full about an hour before the game and I'm certainly not going to get there any earlier than that. The racecourse means driving through half of Brighton (the least car-friendly town on the planet).

What's left? Mithras House I guess, but what's the best way to get there from the A23?

Yup, same situation.

This season for Saturday games I can drive to the edge of Lewes, and catch a 28 or 29 to the ground with a bus every 10 minutes. Don't know what to do for evening games when the buses aren't so frequent?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Yup, same situation.

This season for Saturday games I can drive to the edge of Lewes, and catch a 28 or 29 to the ground with a bus every 10 minutes. Don't know what to do for evening games when the buses aren't so frequent?

Train is quick and frequent to Lewes

Feb 14, 2010
I'm surprised that whoever owns the land near the ground has not turned it into a large temporary car park on match days and charged a £5er to park their. Both parking, busses and trains need to be better and in time I'm sure it will. If however you can afford the £10er a game, then the bridge car park works well on a Saturday game, not sure about evening games tho as there is only one exit

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The road signs on the A270 have already gone up, stating where the Event Day parking restrictions kick in.

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
Coming down from Andover Coldean really helped on Tuesday night games. Next season will be interesting.

I emailed the club and they suggested the Bridge Car Park :lolol: Wasn't it £11 pre book last year £13 on the day? If so it has gone to £13 pre book £15 on the day.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I live in the back end of Widdicombe Way and have had to get Permits for my car/van/visitor.
It's a good 25 minute brisk walk but 35 minute stroll--------------who the feck is going to park further out than this and walk. They will have to park south of The Avenue and get the bus in.

I am in Bevendean Crescent, one plus is I can now park right up at Lucerne Road rather than walk from home. Downside is that means I can't drink !! Sticking with the walk for me

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
A hearty congratulations to the residents of coldean and moulsecoomb who voted for this. It's royally shafted Brighton and Hove Albion.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
A hearty congratulations to the residents of coldean and moulsecoomb who voted for this. It's royally shafted Brighton and Hove Albion.

And in a couple of years the council will shaft the residents when it will not be covered by the club and the council will take over the cost.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

After seeing the way some of our fans left their cars in moulsecoomb I'm not surprised some residents voted for it. If people parked considerately in the first place it may not have come around.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Coming down from Andover Coldean really helped on Tuesday night games. Next season will be interesting.

I emailed the club and they suggested the Bridge Car Park :lolol: Wasn't it £11 pre book last year £13 on the day? If so it has gone to £13 pre book £15 on the day.

Let's hope there isn't a booking fee on those prices...:whistle:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
A decent P&R site north of Brighton will relieve a lot of this pressure. Can't be too far out or it will need too many buses but you'd think something could be sorted. Would also release capacity on Mill Road for those coming in from the west on A27. I guess there's a horrid cost though

DRIVE TO HANGLETON AND JUMP ON THE H OR S BUS:blush:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It's the council who have made the traffic regulation orders and it's the council who have the powers to enforce them.

That's what I said wasn't it?

The club have no power to tell you where you can or can't park just like they didn't at Withdean which is why most people didn't bother with the park and ride after about a season and it's obviously been the same at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here