Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spineless Sainsburys and all that is wrong in today's society!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23158579

This is what gets me - people with no shame and feel so offended they make it into "you can't tell me what to do, I have MY rights" type national story....AND STILL DON'T GET FACT THEY WERE IN THE WRONG!! The silly cow really ought to have said sorry, realised it WAS extremely rude and continued her call after leaving the shop. Or is she so important she had to continue her conversation? What is wrong with these people?! What example are they setting to kids? And then to cap it all, Sainsburys pathetically apologise and even offer compensation - as if this shoppers hissey fit switch to Waitrose is going to dent their fortunes. wouldn't it have been great if they said "yep, if our member of staff thought it might delay other customers then we stand by their local decision". Instead I bet poor sod gets a ticking off.

Grrrrrr :wink:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
idiot checkout person - if I don't want to talk to you, I don't have to

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I was going to post this earlier but then got called away from my desk. I am very glad someone else thinks the same as me though.

What an absolutely ridiculous thing to complain about especially when she was being disgustingly rude by being on her phone in the first place. That is something that really annoys me in shops. The fact she even quotes her sarcastic response makes me think it was probably a tad ruder than she admits.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Can't believe Sainsbury's then offered a £10 voucher to apologise to the customer! Fecking hate those customers and I don't even work in a customer facing role!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Sainsburys in my town don't surport local events like many of the chains the independent shops are more community spirited but suffer from these big shops killing local business .

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
So how are you going to pack your shopping with a hand clamped to your ear or do you think the dogs body at the till should put it in bags for you without a polite request?

Shoulder against the head if not on hands free.

I'm all for stopping people texting at a dinner table, but to force them to hang up at a shopping till is absurd. There's no reason you can't still greet them and pay the money. It seems far ruder to me that they demand you stop talking before they scan your items- a task which requires no conversing anyway.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It's a bit rude to talk on the phone whilst communicating with a member of the public. If it was an essential phone call, then I'm not sure I would want to make it at a checkout.

I think society as a whole has changed with the advent of the mobile phone.

Why run to the press and tell them about it though? What a bore.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
How? I'm not going to hang up on a friend to make small talk with someone I don't know.

Your parents brought you up so badly that you lack basic common manners, respect and courtesy like this? Seriously? I rest my case my lord, and recommend immediate transportation to the colonies.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sainsburys in my town don't surport local events like many of the chains the independent shops are more community spirited but suffer from these big shops killing local business .

Er, and this has what to do with this thread?

I was going to post this earlier but then got called away from my desk. I am very glad someone else thinks the same as me though.

What an absolutely ridiculous thing to complain about especially when she was being disgustingly rude by being on her phone in the first place. That is something that really annoys me in shops. The fact she even quotes her sarcastic response makes me think it was probably a tad ruder than she admits.

...I thought of posting, but didn't before you didn't!! Seriously though good for her, I think some people use their mobiles like a "blanky" that most (all) of us gave up in the first few years of primary school. Expect it to be front page on at least one tabloid and on the Jeremy Vine show tomorrow lunchtime.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Your parents brought you up so badly that you lack basic common manners, respect and courtesy like this? Seriously? I rest my case my lord, and recommend immediate transportation to the colonies.

I can't tell if you're joking, since the rudeness of this post is plainly ironic.

Shoulder against the head if not on hands free.

I'm all for stopping people texting at a dinner table, but to force them to hang up at a shopping till is absurd. There's no reason you can't still greet them and pay the money. It seems far ruder to me that they demand you stop talking before they scan your items- a task which requires no conversing anyway.

Out of interest, what do you do for a living? Does it involve interaction with members of the public? How would you feel if you were trying to do your job, but the other party could not even be bothered to hang up from there call? What sort of impression would you form of that person?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I can't tell if you're joking, since the rudeness of this post is plainly ironic.

What was so rude about this?! i asked you a question. And transportation doesn't exist anymore...except for trolls I believe...are you trolling? be warned if so.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Google off. We don't want rude ignorant people over here, thank you.

Stop sending em over here then ;)!!

From a historical perspective, was NZ ever used as a penal colony like NSW? Never crossed my mind before now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here