Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonjo Shelvey

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
£6 Mill, it seems is what an average Premiership footballer, who doesn't get in the first time regularly, costs these days!

I thought he did OK for Liverpool. Scored a few goals in the Europa League, could do a job

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I quite like him. Wouldn't spend 6m on him, but then that's the going rate these days.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I didn't rate him until the England under-21 game, he was superb. There is a player in there somewhere, just needs regular games.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
To be fair to him he's a good player, it would take a freakish talent for a 21 year old to dislodge Steven Gerrard from the Liverpool team. I think he'll come good at Swansea.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I think he has potential.

With the right coaching in a few years people may be asking why Liverpool let him go for such a small fee.

As previously said, I think there is a good player there, it just needs to be brought to the surface.

Someone feel free to bounce this thread in 3 years if he is released and signs for a non leage team due to being rubbish

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Welcome to the ignore list.

Of all the posts by Mark to choose to kick off about, that was a fairly inoffensive one in fairness.

He looked half-decent at 17 when he was coming through the ranks at Charlton but has barely improved in the meantime, if at all. Maybe regular games and a change in attitude will result in a decent player, who knows.

Still find £6 million a staggering amount for such a raw player though.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Raw??....I don't call an international with 40 odd appearances in the Prem and Europe raw!

5 minutes as a sub against San Marino, come on.

Considering he was tipped to be the next Steven Gerrard when Liverpool signed him, I'd bloody say he was raw, he is no better than he was when he was 17!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Considering he was tipped to be the next Steven Gerrard when Liverpool signed him, I'd bloody say he was raw, he is no better than he was when he was 17!

Sorry mate, you are talking complete cobbbllleerrrrs, take a break please.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I believe that you have just highlighted why he's been sold. He was boughtas Gerrards replacement, unfortunately for Shelvey the Liverpool skipper is still going very strong. I think it's good news for England that the kid wants to play football and he could be doing it for worse team and a lot worse manager.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I get the impression the reason Liverpool are offloading him is not just down to his footballing ability. He featured quite a lot for Liverpool early last season but then barely figured after Christmas. I think he must have had a falling out with Rodgers over his professionalism, or lack of it and that's probably why Liverpool were prepared to let him go. I tend to go along with those who say he is an average Premier League player with a decent engine, but nothing special and who was only ever going to be a squad player for Liverpool and not worth the effort with if he was a disruptive influence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here