Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster-Caskey

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
With the change in management, what is everyone's thoughts on JFC making more appearances in the squad this season. I've seen on the transfer thread that midfielders are required, but I could see Bridcutt and JFC making a good partnership in midfield.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Now Dicker has departed I fully expect that JFC to be a regular squad member on match days. If Bridcutt goes he may even get the chance to establish himself in the starting eleven.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Jury's out for me as I haven't really seen that much of him. Not sure how he got on at Oxford either ... think it would be good for him to go out on loan to a L1 side and get regular starts for the first half of the season.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
As long as he does OK during preseason training (ie the new manager likes the look of him) he should be in with a good shout

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Its a clean sheet - pre-season, new Head Coach. Now is his chance. I remember a young Dean Cox jumping from youth team obscurity to the first team after a good pre-season a few years back. In fact, Cox had less first-team experience than Forster-Caskey has now.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i thought he has been terrific whenever he has played for the first team

I would love to see him involved in the 1st team every week

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
He was great against Southampton in 2012 but wasn't given another league start which was baffling at the time. I was under the impression he was underused/ mistreated at Oxford which is why he came back and decided not to go out in loan again but I could be wrong.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I haven't seen much of him obviously, he really seemed to stand out on his start against Yeovil back at Withdean as well as when he played against Southampton. I doubt we should take too much from the Oxford spell as league 2 isn't really known for its passing football, which looks to be one of his main attributes.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Jury's out for me as I haven't really seen that much of him. Not sure how he got on at Oxford either ... think it would be good for him to go out on loan to a L1 side and get regular starts for the first half of the season.

Yes agreed. Difficult to comment on a player until l've seen him play half a dozen games or more. Certainly though with Dicker, Vicente, and possibly Lopez missing from our midfield for the coming season, this could be his big chance to make an impact.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Reminds me a little of wilshere, always wants the ball, very aware of the space around him, cultured left foot. Now is his chance, he had a stormer against soton 2 seasons ago but looked overawed against the geordies and can be a little naive (as is to be expected of most young players). I think people overrate him as it's exciting to have an academy prospect coming through, but if expectations are managed and he isn't built up too high ready to be knocked down after a poor game, this could be his real breakthrough season.

Last edited:

westy

Jul 25, 2003
One of the plus points of Poyet's departure is we should hopefully see more of JFC. Given a run in the side he could make an impact this season. With Vicente gone he is the kind of creative central MF we will need.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that people are expecting too much from JFC by saying that now Vicente an experienced pro with undoubted ability qand of international standard has gone, he could fill the void.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Is he ready yet as he did not inspire much for Oxford even in Div 2 so there must be doubts about his potential and ability in The Championship.

The Father in law of my other halves brother (nice tedius link for you all) is an Oxford season ticket holder and said that Jake showed a lot of promise when he had the ball. The only problem was that the football Oxford play was generally to lump the ball from defence to attack and as such Jake was bypassed.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
hes exactly the same as the lad williams at Palace except in my opinion JFC has a better eye for goal, the only difference being Palace play there youngsters for various reasons.

If played JFC will flourish and be worth a fortune

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
think the involvement of JFC will indicate alot about Oscar's intentions and plans.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
hes exactly the same as the lad williams at Palace except in my opinion JFC has a better eye for goal, the only difference being Palace play there youngsters for various reasons.

If played JFC will flourish and be worth a fortune

I think we all need to take stock here. None of us have seen enough of young Jake yet to really comment. Good though he may become, he may well need another season of being on the sidelines, (starting the occasional game, few games on the bench), before we have a genuine chance to see what his future may be. It would be a massive mistake to expect too much from him too soon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here