Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

OT: Lies you are allowed to tell your insurance company

0 Not allowed!
    I work in Insurance and so far this week I've had a never ending increase in the bare-faced lies being told to me about people's car insurance.

I just wanted an unscientific but hopefully unbiased poll on what lies people think are acceptable and what you think is too far...

This pretty much covers mu week so far:

1. I park my car on the road outside the house but tell my insurer its garaged/on the drive. Ok or Too Far?

2. I lie about the postcode where I keep my car, saying its kept in a nice area when its not. Ok or Too Far?

3. I tell them I do 8,000 miles a year but I always do 10,000. Ok or Too Far?

4. I tell them I do 3,000 miles a year but do 30,000. Ok to Too Far?

5. The insurance is in my dad's name because its cheaper, even though it is my car. Ok or Too Far?

6. I have a new exhaust, alloy wheels and a window tint but told them no modifications. Ok or Too Far?

7. I told them I was 21 but I'm actually only 18. Ok or Too Far?

8. I said 5 years NCD but I haven't got it. They never check anyway. Ok or Too Far?

9. I drive without insurance because its too expensive. Ok or Too Far?

If you personally would do any/all of these, what is too far? Anything?

If you personally wouldn't do any of these, what lies would you tell?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Make a poll with all the options available. Ok or too far?
      Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by W.C. View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Make a poll with all the options available. Ok or too far?
      Too Far. Would need 9 different polls, hence the numbered questions.
      Super Moderator

0 Not allowed!
      1. I park my car on the road outside the house but tell my insurer its garaged/on the drive. Ok if you have a drive! or Too Far?

2. I lie about the postcode where I keep my car, saying its kept in a nice area when its not. Ok or Too Far?

3. I tell them I do 8,000 miles a year but I always do 10,000. Ok or Too Far?

4. I tell them I do 3,000 miles a year but do 30,000. Ok to Too Far?

5. The insurance is in my dad's name because its cheaper, even though it is my car. Ok or Too Far (assuming you mean 'Main driver')?

6. I have a new exhaust, alloy wheels and a window tint but told them no modifications. Ok or Too Far'ish?

7. I told them I was 21 but I'm actually only 18. Ok or WAY Too Far?

8. I said 5 years NCD but I haven't got it. They never check anyway. Ok or Too Far?

9. I drive without insurance because its too expensive. Ok or WAY WAY WAY Too Far?

0 Not allowed!
      Lying to the insurance companies inevitably costs us all. Why should I pay more because somebody else is a fraudster? Those who get caught lying should be made to pay double.
      Players come and go. Managers come and go. Even directors come and go but we, the fans, are the ever present. We are Brighton and Hove Albion, and don't you ever forget it!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      1, 2 and 3 are probably the only ones you'd have a hope in hell of getting away with surely? Anyone that tries the later ones doesn't deserve insurance.
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      1. is okay if it is actually parked on the drive some of the time.
      3. Could be a genuine mistake. You take out the insurance thinking / hoping you'll do under 8k, but it actually creeps over.
      6. I'd say is okay, if the modifications are just superficial and affect neither the value or performance of the car.

Some, like 4,7 and 8 are just stupid, as you'll presumably 'get away with it' for as long as you never actually need to claim, at which point they'll check, and invalidate your cover, leaving you out of pocket / in court.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BHAZiggy View Post
      Lying to the insurance companies inevitably costs us all. Why should I pay more because somebody else is a fraudster? Those who get caught lying should be made to pay double.
      Do you think that if insurance fraud was eradicated the savings would go to reducing premiums or into the shareholders pockets?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BHAZiggy View Post
      Average Car insurance costs £750. Typical fine for driving without insurance £180. Not really that much of an incentive!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      If you lie then they won't pay out. OK or too far?
      Who provided the first pic of Amex Progress? Who told you of the Amex staff sackings? Who told you that Sammy Lee wasn't coming?