Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you think are our current best three outfield players

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Makes no sense. Bridcutt is CLEARLY our best player at 'playing football'.

Unless technical skill is the only criteria. Which it isn't.

Fair enough. I think you may be arguing with me on something I actually agree with you on.

I knew people would react. Just thought it would be interesting to question what the definition of being the best at football is, rather than listing the same 3 players as everyone else.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Harley

</end thread>

Dec 29, 2011
I think Lopez, Bridge and Upson could have all challenged for our three best outfield players, which shows how much quality we're potentially losing over the summer.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Replace Buckley with Barnes and l would agree. Buckley for me has almost always underperformed in a Brighton shirt. I just hope we can get more out of him this coming season.

agree....couldn't see what all the fuss was about to be honest.......a few well taken goals but lacking in nouse and bollox imho

liam bridcutt
andrea orlandi
leonardo ulloa

in that order.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I understand what you're saying but I suppose the point is, it's subjective at the end of the day.

Don't get me wrong. Bridders is class. A brilliant player for us.

However I would put him just behind the other 3 if I was forced to be over simplistic in who I think are the 3 best at playing
Football. Perhaps that is me taking technical ability as the closest basic denomination of judging a players football skill and detaching from the other more 'mental aspects' such as awareness, decision making etc etc.

Again, I was more challenging the concept of what constitutes judging how good someone is as a footballer.

I must be missing something because I wouldn't put Buckley in the top three, he is brilliant one week and then average for the next. Bridcutt tops the lot by a country mile for me. Ulloa when used properly not up front on his own with no wingers and Calderon, may lack pace but very consistent.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bridcutt
Ulloa

Then a big gap. Lopez would be in there if he re-signs.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Bridcutt and Ulloa

then a bare knuckle fight to the death between Orlandi and Buckley

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
2nd page and not a mention of Kaz yet.

Dec 29, 2011
2nd page and not a mention of Kaz yet.

Still first page for me.

I was considering Lualua, but fast wingers with poor ball control are fairly easy to come across. If he improved his dribbling and crossing he could be a vital player this coming season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here