Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you think are our current best three outfield players

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Depends if you mean the best when considering their positions or just the best footballers in basic ability.

In my view, I would say the 3 best footballers are

Orlandi
Ulloa
Buckley.

However Bridders is clearly our best player in terms of team contribution and would be 4th on my list above

Much like Makelele. Brilliant player but brilliant in comparison of actually football ability? Not quite as much as other players.

I await being slated :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
However Bridders is clearly our best player in terms of team contribution and would be 4th on my list above

Much like Makelele. Brilliant player but brilliant in comparison of actually football ability? Not quite as much as other players.

I await being slated :lolol:

Okay, I'll start...

that would depend on whether you are narrow-minded enough to only judge 'football ability' merely on technique. Positional awareness / calmness on the ball /the capability of keeping your performances at a consistent level - these are all aspects of 'ability', and Bridcutt has all of them in bundles (along with a pretty high technical ability, anyway. His control and passing are actually top notch).

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Okay, I'll start...

that would depend on whether you are narrow-minded enough to only judge 'football ability' merely on technique. Positional awareness / calmness on the ball /the capability of keeping your performances at a consistent level - these are all aspects of 'ability', and Bridcutt has all of them in bundles (along with a pretty high technical ability, anyway. His control and passing are actually top notch).

I understand what you're saying but I suppose the point is, it's subjective at the end of the day.

Don't get me wrong. Bridders is class. A brilliant player for us.

However I would put him just behind the other 3 if I was forced to be over simplistic in who I think are the 3 best at playing
Football. Perhaps that is me taking technical ability as the closest basic denomination of judging a players football skill and detaching from the other more 'mental aspects' such as awareness, decision making etc etc.

Again, I was more challenging the concept of what constitutes judging how good someone is as a footballer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I understand what you're saying but I suppose the point is, it's subjective at the end of the day.

Don't get me wrong. Bridders is class. A brilliant player for us.

However I would put him just behind the other 3 if I was forced to be over simplistic in who I think are the 3 best at playing Football. Perhaps that is me taking technical ability as the closest basic denomination of judging a players football skill and detaching from the other more 'mental aspects' such as awareness, decision making etc etc.

Again, I was more challenging the concept of what constitutes judging how good someone is as a footballer.

Makes no sense. Bridcutt is CLEARLY our best player at 'playing football'.

Unless technical skill is the only criteria. Which it isn't.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here