Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we really thinking of taking this guy on loan...?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Another one of him in action

[yt]07PXFCRr0RI[/yt]

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
We would win the league with him in the team. Especially if we also sign Vicente.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Too small, fanny merchant and over plays, oh how he would have loved being brought up over here .........

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Why would he come to us over Valencia, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool

The only possible reason is that he'd get more game time with us than with any of the others, which Barca might want for him. Chances of it actually happening? Close to zero, I'd have thought.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Why would he come to us over Valencia, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool

Because of the way we play football, and because we have a sizeable Spanish contingent anyway, and because we have a Spanish Coaching Staff, the head of which has had significant time at Barcelona himself in the past. He may well go elsewhere - probably will, but we should not discount ourselves so easily as an attractive place for someone to gain experience.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Because of the way we play football, and because we have a sizeable Spanish contingent anyway, and because we have a Spanish Coaching Staff, the head of which has had significant time at Barcelona himself in the past. He may well go elsewhere - probably will, but we should not discount ourselves so easily as an attractive place for someone to gain experience.

I suspect VALENCIA have a sizeable Spanish contingent too.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Pretty sure out of all the teams he's linked with we are one of the few who could offer him a start week in, week out. And as Oscar is the former Barca B coach they may feel he's qualified to oversee his development and use him the way they want him to. Just a thought... Not that I'm holding my breath

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pretty sure out of all the teams he's linked with we are one of the few who could offer him a start week in, week out. And as Oscar is the former Barca B coach they may feel he's qualified to oversee his development and use him the way they want him to. Just a thought... Not that I'm holding my breath

1. Pretty much ALL the sides linked could offer him a regular start. This guy is really VERY good.
2. Oscar was Barca YOUTH coach, not Barca B

Would LOVE to be proved wrong, but sadly, NO chance.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
1. Pretty much ALL the sides linked could offer him a regular start. This guy is really VERY good.
2. Oscar was Barca YOUTH coach, not Barca B

Would LOVE to be proved wrong, but sadly, NO chance.

My mistake. Still Oscars relationship with Barca may still help in potential loan signings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here