Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train fares for away games

Owen2002

Jun 25, 2012
Sussex
Can someone recommend the best website to get cheaper train tickets, I can only find Leeds at £121 return.....

Spimunk

Jun 17, 2011
West Sussex
I often find that booking it in stages is cheaper. For Kings Cross to Leeds go to East Coast's own website. Always the cheapest. My in-laws are in Doncaster so I use them on each visit as its the same line. For home to Kings Cross I tend to book via National Rail Enquiries, Trainlie to Red Spotted Hanky. Hope that helps!

Owen2002

Jun 25, 2012
Sussex
Travelling from shoreham. Been on trainline and and southern only, usually do car or coach but need to be in leeds by 12pm and having a beer or two, so the train it needs to be.Thanks

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Book advance fares to London Vic on Southern. Use an oyster card for the tube.
East coast for trains to Leeds.

Beware though if you missed your connections you are screwed as they are only valid for one train.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Don't forget to look at 'GroupSave3' or 'GroupSave4' tickets if travelling to London as part of the journey, and there are 3 or 4 of you who can travel off peak for the price of 2.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
I got Leeds for £52 FIRST CLASS from kings cross. Borrowing a mates season ticket to get to London

If he has a photocard associated with his season ticket and an inspector asks to see it you could be in the shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here