Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Knight RIP

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Nigel passed away today. He was 56. He had a season ticket in the WSL and, if ever the phrase 'gentle giant' applied to anyone, it was to Nigel. He was a huge bloke, at least 6 foot 3 and quite wide with it! He loved all things BHA and used to catch the coach to home games run by the Horsham supporters club (I think).

He was originally from Worthing but moved to Crawley approximately 10 years ago when he met his wife, Lesley ('Lou'). He had a permanent smile, never had a bad word to say about anyone and was one of life's good blokes.

RIP Nigel. Taken too soon. X

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
RIP Nigel, thoughts with your family & friends :(

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Really gutted for you mate. It's horrible sitting in the stand knowing someone else should also be there. R.I.P. Nigel.

Mar 26, 2008
Eastbourne
I used to work with a Nigel Knight in Lancing (Simcare, a medical company about 23 years ago), he also lived in Lancing, off Western Road I think. Your description sounds very much like him. If it was him I would very much agree that your description of a gentle giant sums him up well. He was a great bloke and a big Brighton fan. He was also quite quiet and a bit shy but never had a bad word for anyone and I liked him a lot.

My condolences to you and his wife.

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Was he a Withdean regular and used to frequent the Brewery Tap?

RIP Nigel. Sad news.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
R.I.P always sad to hear of anyone passing.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
I used to work with a Nigel Knight in Lancing (Simcare, a medical company about 23 years ago), he also lived in Lancing, off Western Road I think. Your description sounds very much like him. If it was him I would very much agree that your description of a gentle giant sums him up well. He was a great bloke and a big Brighton fan. He was also quite quiet and a bit shy but never had a bad word for anyone and I liked him a lot.

My condolences to you and his wife.

Thank you. This does sound like the same chap. I only knew him from when he met and married my sister-in-law so not sure who he worked for but it was down Worthing/Lancing way.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Sad. 56 is no age.

richmond

May 30, 2008
Hi
Many years ago when I lived in Horsham I used to go down on the coach, mid sixties to early seventies, run by the Horsham Suupporters Coach. I'm four years older than Nigel (so around the same age), but I remember that the Supporters Coach was organised and run by a Mr Knight. Is there a connection, was that Nigel's father by any chance?

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Hi
Many years ago when I lived in Horsham I used to go down on the coach, mid sixties to early seventies, run by the Horsham Suupporters Coach. I'm four years older than Nigel (so around the same age), but I remember that the Supporters Coach was organised and run by a Mr Knight. Is there a connection, was that Nigel's father by any chance?

Hello. Don't think so as Nigel and his late father were from the Worthing/Lancing/Sompting area. The only reason Nigel used the current Horsham coach was because it was near to his Crawley base and he couldn't catch public transport as he couldn't walk great lengths at the other end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here