Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luther

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I only recently got into it as it's being shown on Alibi. Watched a couple and set the Sky box to record the rest EXCEPT that the final episode of the first series is on Thursday, whilst the BBC are showing the first episode of series two TONIGHT.

Therefore I downloaded it instead so that I'm now ready to go, all caught up and shall watch the new series unfold LIVE with everybody else this evening.

You know it took me until the FOURTH episode before I realised that Luther's wife's boyfriend is I from Withnail and I. Fancy that eh?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Luthers wife was serious eye candy. Hope that Alice features heavily as she was my favourite character.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I only recently got into it as it's being shown on Alibi. Watched a couple and set the Sky box to record the rest EXCEPT that the final episode of the first series is on Thursday, whilst the BBC are showing the first episode of series two TONIGHT.

Therefore I downloaded it instead so that I'm now ready to go, all caught up and shall watch the new series unfold LIVE with everybody else this evening.

You know it took me until the FOURTH episode before I realised that Luther's wife's boyfriend is I from Withnail and I. Fancy that eh?

to not spoil a great series for you, I need to tell you tonight is Series three, not two. That is also 4 episodes long and aired last year and had major plot storylines that will undoubtedly be covered in the first episode to introduce the new characters.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Yay! Thanks for the heads-up

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
And Alice is back!!!! Double Yay!!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Series two was brilliant. Some of the best TV of recent times. I've been looking forward ti it coming back ever since.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not seen it before, watching it at the moment quite by chance. Impressed.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
good as always

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not seen it before, watching it at the moment quite by chance. Impressed.

Am putting it on Series record - 'nuff said.

It ranks almost with the Swedish Wallander, to which I think I am addicted..

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Am putting it on Series record - 'nuff said.

It ranks almost with the Swedish Wallander, to which I think I am addicted..

***SPOILER ALERT***********

I love the Swedish Wallanders - both of them - but think Luther falls a long way short. The thing about all the Scandinavian series is that there's no need for too much suspension of belief - events follow logically and characters act in the way they're supposed to. British cop shows don't get this.
So, tonight we saw a woman ready to call the police when she thought her cat was stuck in the attic but not prepared to call them when she finds it's actually a homicidal maniac. We also two cops have a fist fight at the exact moment that the prospective victim is being called - it's just about possible but really stretches it.
Luther's OK - good, mindless TV; well acted and well shot but IMO doesn't cut it as a great show.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
***SPOILER ALERT***********

So, tonight we saw a woman ready to call the police when she thought her cat was stuck in the attic but not prepared to call them when she finds it's actually a homicidal maniac. We also two cops have a fist fight at the exact moment that the prospective victim is being called - it's just about possible but really stretches it.
Luther's OK - good, mindless TV; well acted and well shot but IMO doesn't cut it as a great show.

Yup. I would've been on the blower to the cops the second there's a thump and yelling.

I know it's the classic scream-at-the-TV scenario when a character doesn't do the obvious but I really was doing that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here