Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bournemouth v real madrid

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
how did they manage to get that whilst we get Villarreal?
brilliant for their publicity though as all the first tem bar three players are making the trip!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
how did they manage to get that whilst we get Villarreal?
brilliant for their publicity though as all the first tem bar three players are making the trip!

£60 to see them that's how!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Comment from the BBC article:

'Perhaps this game has been half planned as Gareth Bales debut......although Bournemouth have yet to make an official bid!!!!'. :lol:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Certainly a marquee friendly for The Cherries but £60 a ticket is more than a bit steep. I really hope that the Galacticos actually turn up 'cos otherwise it could backfire a bit.

I'm not too worried that we have Villarreal instead. They should be a more useful work out for The Albion especially with OG needing to get a feel for our starting line up a week before the Championship kicks off.

I do agree that maybe we have a tad too much bias towards Spanish opposition and then Norwich. OK there is the Crawley game which should be handy but maybe we could do with one more run out against a less cultured opposition with a direct style of play so OG can see what to expect from some of the less gifted sides in the Championship.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They sold out within hours, built a new stand and sold that out too. I guess the club got it right after all.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
bounce. :bounce:

is there any coverage for tonight's match?

Its being covered on 'Cherries player' (Audio)

Portugal captain Cristiano Ronaldo will lead a strong Real Madrid squad into Sunday’s celebratory exhibition match at the Goldsands Stadium.
Carl Ancelotti’s 23-man squad also includes Luka Modric, Mesut Ozil and Karim Benzema, who are all expected to feature against the Cherries.

Three members of Spain’s under-21 European Championship winning side, Isco, Asier Illarramendi and Daniel Carvajal, will travel to England with the rest of the team after training in Madrid on Sunday morning.

Full Real Madrid squad:

Diego Lopez
Jesus Fernandez
Tomas Mejias
Pepe
Fabio Coentrão
Daniel Carvajal
Nacho
David Mateos
Jorge Casado
Sami Khedira
Kaka
Mesut Özil
Luka Modric
Angel Di María
Isco
Asier Illarramendi
Casemiro
Denis Cheryshev
Quini
Cristiano Ronaldo
Karim Benzema
Gonzalo Higuain
Alvaro Morata

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patreon
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Hilarious that anyone can moan about a friendly with Villareal. I remember paying £3 at the Goldstone to watch us play some crap northern team in our marquee pre-season game.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
£45 for STHs which isn't quite as outrageous (we charge similar prices afterall)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
£45 for STHs which isn't quite as outrageous (we charge similar prices afterall)

I'm pretty sure it was £55, still damned high for a friendly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here