Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Sports News' fear of reality

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The Premier League. The Worlds biggest and most successful protection racket.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
That is the best video on football I have watched in a long time.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
That is the best video on football I have watched in a long time.

Agree with that.

Love watching the Sky presenters squirming - thinking "Shit, he's not supposed to be saying that, but seeing as he's 100 times more intelligent than me I won't interrupt him...."

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Wow, sky sports meets Newsnight. Sky and the footballer (Cascarino, who can't actually finish a sentence) totally out of their depth.

Jimmy Grimble

Hilarious :lolol: A shame he won't be getting another invite back to the 'home of football' anytime soon. Even Jim White looked out of his depth, and he's meant to be moderately intelligent.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
This is amazing! :clap:

Well said, and the way he said it without coming across as anti-football or an angry ranter was an object lesson in how to get a point across.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Good stuff.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm pretty sure there were quite a number of multi syllable words that Cascarino didn't understand. Frankly, I felt more than a little embarrassed by his response. Amazing to see completely inappropriate replies from the sky lot. They reminded me of the call centre staff who flounder when the conversation goes off script.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
That video is brilliant.

Also, the woman on that video said that the Premier League "is one of the most exciting leagues in the world". How is a league in which the top places are always taken up by the same teams each year one of the most exciting leagues in the world?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Fantastic. Well said sir. Love watching them squirming in their seats. Someone with an educated opinion and not afraid to say it. :clap2:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
That video is brilliant.

Also, the woman on that video said that the Premier League "is one of the most exciting leagues in the world". How is a league in which the top places are always taken up by the same teams each year one of the most exciting leagues in the world?
She would say that, she has to. Sky bankroll the prem. They will say any cobblers to sell it. Sky seem to think that football didn't exist until the Premier league was formed.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Matthew Syed is a smart cookie and to put Cascarino anywhere near him is just plain silly. I remember when TC got all high and mighty in a debate with the Mirrors Oliver Holt on a radio show concerning the fact that he - Oliver Holt - had ghost written Paul Gascoigne's autobiography ( wow what a surprise I hear you say)
Holt called Cascarino a hypocrite and stated that he knew that his Times column was written in exactly the same way.
The silence was deafening.

I like MS in the Times. There is a very good video out there that he made looking at whether champions are born or nurtured to their greatness. Check it out.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
agree with what he says, but takes it a bit far. think Abramovich has a genuine interest in football and has been a familar figure around Stamford bridge from the begining. not sure i see the how PSG and Man City ownership is the same thing, they've brought up far more significant assets, they are in it for kicks.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Matthew Syed is articulate and generally a very incisive observer and not afraid of telling some uncomfortable home truths. Just goes to show how superficial Sky's so called 'elite' anchors and pundits are, completely out of their depth when it comes to challenging their tunnel vision of the Prem.

Chelsea is just a huge money laundering operation. Even makes Pompey's 'success at any cost' antics look feeble by comparison. I would be very uncomfortable if I were a Chelsea fan, but fortunately I have better taste.

The Qatar issue highlighted by Syed is very interesting and prompts more questions as to just how they managed to 'persuade' FIFA to give them a World Cup. I hope someone does a decent expose on that sometime soon, no doubt FIFA will stonewall but there is a real bad odour around that.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Kirsty Gallagher has a nose that looks like its always melting.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
I usually find Syed a little unbearable but he certainly made an important point very well.

On the other hand I don't mind Cascarino that much (I thought his autobiography was refreshingly honest). He was in a bit of a tight spot there though, as I guess he gets a regular income from Sky.

I suppose it does beg a slightly uncomfortable question about the SAUCE of our own Chairman's stadium fund...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here