Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey's view of the amex.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Where on earth do people get this made up information about financial problems from? Same nonsense also on Leeds' forum.

We have one of the (top 6) richest chairman in the league.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
A load of jealous and negative comments from that shower of crooks.

Enjoy League 2 Poopey. Non-League football beckons :tosser:

albionite

May 20, 2009
Saying the same crap as everyone else. The only opinion that matters is do we like the stadium.

The atmosphere is mainly great only part I can grumble about is I can't hear away fans from north stand and i'm sure the away fans can say same thing.

The transport issues are not as bad as everyone makes out, would be nice to have a few pubs around the ground but you can't have everything.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Their view of the Amex?

A brief glimpse while on their way to Dagenham or Southend

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Yes, what a dump the Amex is... Amex NE Corner.jpg

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I've never really understood why people read other teams boards and then come on post them on here looking for a rise out of people. They follow a different club they are likely to be very blinkered against anyone other than their own side just like allot people on this board are. That said having read that thread there isn't allot you can disagree on IMO (which obviously you can if you are one of the blinkered people I've just been speaking about).

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Saying the same crap as everyone else. The only opinion that matters is do we like the stadium.

The atmosphere is mainly great only part I can grumble about is I can't hear away fans from north stand and i'm sure the away fans can say same thing.

The transport issues are not as bad as everyone makes out, would be nice to have a few pubs around the ground but you can't have everything.
Last season I sat in the South stand and I could barely hear the north most games. Sound doesn't seem to travel well from end to end for some reason.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i thought it was interesting, it was evidence that pompey supporters live in the past. about 4 years by that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've never really understood why people read other teams boards and then come on post them on here looking for a rise out of people. They follow a different club they are likely to be very blinkered against anyone other than their own side just like allot people on this board are. That said having read that thread there isn't allot you can disagree on IMO (which obviously you can if you are one of the blinkered people I've just been speaking about).

Lets face it, there would be plenty saying the same thing about them if the roles were reversed. However, I would say that most games at the Amex have a great atmosphere and do you really think the Amex is "soulless"? Of course not. It's just bitterness.

Anyway, now that Pompey are the worst team in the south with an infrastructure to match their noddy stadium, we will have to get to used to their fans banging on at teams like Brighton, Southampton and Reading using words like "no atmosphere", "flatpack", "souless" and so on. And we in turn will patronisingly pat our little south coast brothers on the head for this, as they spend the next decade trying to get out of the bottom half of professional football, often in front of 6-7,000 at their dreadful, squalid, crumbling "stadium".

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I prefer the Kassam. Amazing ground and love what the architect did with the 25% of it missing and gaping holes in the corners. Ingenius.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Portsmouth and their fans are detestable.

I so hope they show us the right way to build a stadium. F***ing cretins.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I prefer the Kassam. Amazing ground and love what the architect did with the 25% of it missing and gaping holes in the corners. Ingenius.
Indeed. And even then they appeared to build it twice as big as it needs to be - what with it holding 12,000 or something.

Dreadful ground - ideal for Oxford, a tin-pot nothing club if ever there was one.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I've never really understood why people read other teams boards and then come on post them on here looking for a rise out of people.
Let alone people who don't support either of the teams involved.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Lets face it, there would be plenty saying the same thing about them if the roles were reversed. However, I would say that most games at the Amex have a great atmosphere and do you really think the Amex is "soulless"? Of course not. It's just bitterness.

Anyway, now that Pompey are the worst team in the south with an infrastructure to match their noddy stadium, we will have to get to used to their fans banging on at teams like Brighton, Southampton and Reading using words like "no atmosphere", "flatpack", "souless" and so on. And we in turn will patronisingly pat our little south coast brothers on the head for this, as they spend the next decade trying to get out of the bottom half of professional football, often in front of 6-7,000 at their dreadful, squalid, crumbling "stadium".

They had sold 6,700 ST's as of a week ago so will likely not drop below 10k all season. My £100 e/w thinks they will dominate at home and away

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here