Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shorey extended - no moves for Planas - Deulofeu unlikely - Argus

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Albion have extended Nicky Shorey’s trial into a second week as they seek to fill a vacancy at left-back.

The Seagulls are searching for a replacement for loan star Wayne Bridge, who has joined Reading, and his back-up Marcos Painter, who was released.

Shorey, pictured right, arrived on a week-long trial last Monday and is still on board as head coach Oscar Garcia assesses his squad.

Albion are likely to be linked with players from Barcelona after former Nou Camp star Garcia joined the club last week.

A source in Catalonia last night told The Argus he believed Albion had not made a move for Carles Planas, a Barcelona left-back with whom they were linked at the weekend.

The Seagulls were also reported in Barcelona to have tested the water over an unlikely loan deal for Spain under-21 hotshot Gerard Deulofeu, who already has an offer from Valencia and is expected to join a top-flight club.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
No chance in hell that the argus actually has a credible 'source' in barcelona.

Have they ever broken news that wasn't already available?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, is there more to the article? As the title doesn't seem to match the details.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Everybody knows the chance of us getting Deulofeu is highly unlikely. The Argus haven't really told us anything there we didn't already know.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Can we just get on with signing players please? How much longer does the club need?

:):ohmy:

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd like for us to actually sign a couple of players this week. It's not like we're only looking to strengthen the team - we have big gaps to fill.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can we just get on with signing players please? How much longer does the club need?

:):ohmy:

Don't start you annual fretting Zebedee, everything will be fine as it has been for the last 3 years!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So what if he has contacts at barca..it's the football development bloke who finds and signs players isn't it?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Saying that signing Deulofeu on loan is 'unlikely', is rather an understatement. More accurate would be to say there's a 0.0000000001% chance of it happening.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yes. Couple of years back I looked at the first place where each of our signings was first linked to us, and the Argus got the most with about 40-50%. NSC got 1 out of 15.

that must have been before twitter, as that source is usually first with every story, even if it's complete guesswork!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Albion have extended Nicky Shorey’s trial into a second week as they seek to fill a vacancy at left-back.

The Seagulls are searching for a replacement for loan star Wayne Bridge, who has joined Reading, and his back-up Marcos Painter, who was released.

Shorey, pictured right, arrived on a week-long trial last Monday and is still on board as head coach Oscar Garcia assesses his squad.

Albion are likely to be linked with players from Barcelona after former Nou Camp star Garcia joined the club last week.

A source in Catalonia last night told The Argus he believed Albion had not made a move for Carles Planas, a Barcelona left-back with whom they were linked at the weekend.

The Seagulls were also reported in Barcelona to have tested the water over an unlikely loan deal for Spain under-21 hotshot Gerard Deulofeu, who already has an offer from Valencia and is expected to join a top-flight club.

No picture:)

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Saying that signing Deulofeu on loan is 'unlikely', is rather an understatement. More accurate would be to say there's a 0.0000000001% chance of it happening.

So you're telling me there IS a chance? (Dumb and Dumber quote)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
So you're telling me there IS a chance? (Dumb and Dumber quote)

50246-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-RHL9.jpeg

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Interestingly enough, the only mention online ANYWHERE this weekend was the post I made about information I had been sent about Planas which subsequently failed to make the Spanish press and ultimately turned out to be spurious at best (I hasten to add that at no stage did I claim it to be cast iron fact).

So...................

The only place, therefore, Planas was linked with the Albion was on NSC.

Does this mean we are a major news source then ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here