Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Virgo

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
From Today's Western Daily Press

Being released by Bristol Rovers on 31 July due to persistent knee problems. Hope you get something sorted out for next season Adam. Gave great value to the Albion in many ways.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Whitehawk will need him... Matt Lawrence has retired I believe.

Take that back..... contract verbally agreed... still a back two of Virgo and Lawrence woudl be slow but effective at this level and Branco has supposedly been on fire as right back if they can get him back.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Cue play-off goal. :smile:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I saw him in the station pub in Hove last Wednesday. Looked like he had been training or working out.

Hope he finds a new deal, great piece on him on here a couple of weeks back, hadnt realised what the bloke had been through.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I saw him in the station pub in Hove last Wednesday. Looked like he had been training or working out.

Hope he finds a new deal, great piece on him on here a couple of weeks back, hadnt realised what the bloke had been through.

Same here. I knew some of it, but not quite to the extent to which the poor guy has had it tough.

I remember a few years back, when I was organising the REMF / NSC 6-a-side football tournament (RIP), I wrote speculatively to about 20 people begging for raffle prizes - either at the club, or former players. Virgo's letter was sent to 'Adam Virgo, c/o Celtic Football Club...' I didn't expect it to ever reach him.

Three days later I got a phone call from him on my mobile, and two days after that, one of his Celtic shirts, signed, in the post. Reading that article the other week, I realised that at that time, when he went to the trouble of bothering to repsond to my begging letter, was when he was actually going through all manner of shit in his own life.

Then, on the day of the 5-a-side itself, he turned up in Preston Park to watch for a bit, with his scary little dog.

Top bloke. Wish him absolutely all the best luck in the world.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Didn't see the previous detail re Adam......without wishing to go over old ground, could someone give me a very brief resume of his problems.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Same here. I knew some of it, but not quite to the extent to which the poor guy has had it tough.

I remember a few years back, when I was organising the REMF / NSC 6-a-side football tournament (RIP), I wrote speculatively to about 20 people begging for raffle prizes - either at the club, or former players. Virgo's letter was sent to 'Adam Virgo, c/o Celtic Football Club...' I didn't expect it to ever reach him.

Three days later I got a phone call from him on my mobile, and two days after that, one of his Celtic shirts, signed, in the post. Reading that article the other week, I realised that at that time, when he went to the trouble of bothering to repsond to my begging letter, was when he was actually going through all manner of shit in his own life.

Then, on the day of the 5-a-side itself, he turned up in Preston Park to watch for a bit, with his scary little dog.

What a decent guy...

Wish him all the best, he would be another ex player id like to see back at the AMEX, do they still get old players back at half time?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Didn't see the previous detail re Adam......without wishing to go over old ground, could someone give me a very brief resume of his problems.

He lost both his parents in a short space of time, in pretty horrible circumstances.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003

That's so nice to hear.

I really hope he gets himself sorted for the new season.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Virgs really is a top bloke - the sort our community club used to be all about.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

What article was that? Could you post the link?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
What a decent guy...

Wish him all the best, he would be another ex player id like to see back at the AMEX, do they still get old players back at half time?

He was going to come on at half-time of the play-off second leg but was out of the country

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here