Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most beautiful city in the world

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I know it's been done before when we had a few less members, so let's have an update,

for me it's an easy choice.......Venice

Siena-Nov07-NLF4379sAR800.jpg

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
San Francisco, Krakow, Budapest ...

I do have a point of view and we are all individuals.......but having traveled to the four corners, San Francisco and Budapest are beautiful. I would add Venice but it was July in a heat wave and the Grand Canal smelt like Croydon. Maybe Calgary in winter and the Rockies to the west. Good OP though, makes you remember wonderful places and times.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Is that pic one of mine LB :blush:

in all seriousness, Siena's gotta be second on the list....btw imo The view from Torre Grossa is better

edited...re Siena, I don't think that there's anywhere else I would prefer to be than Siena during the four days of Palio. It must be even better if you have local friends and you don't have to keep worrying about pictures, and you can just enjoy the atmos......aahhh

Last edited:

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
I know it's been done before when we had a few less members, so let's have an update,

Just came back from Venice last week. I have to agree, it is absolutely incredible. You can't stop taking photos. I see something new every time I go. Bruges is lovely, Rotenburg OBT fascinating, Eze in Southern France is nice, Florence/Siena/Assisi - Wonderful. Isn't traveling incredible?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Rome and Barcelona deserve a mention.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing

I last went to Venice in 1967 with my parents. The whole place stunk and was filthy away from the popular areas. Garbage clogging up dark dingy canals. Maybe things have moved on but that's how I see it in my minds eye.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here