Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Shower Gel

Votes: 46 75.4%

• Total voters

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Iv just started to use soap again and I'm not sure i feel as clean, what do you prefer soap or shower gel when your having a bath/shower? I her soap is better for you because of all the chemicals in shower gel.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I use Lynx shower gel. There I said it. And yes, I wash my hair in it too (using a separate shampoo as well would be decadent and perverse).

As an aside, I find the bottles they put Lynx in something of an irritant. The top isn't flat you see, so if you want to leave it turned upside-down so as to extract every last drop before moving on to a new one, you have to carefully balance it against something, which is never easy within a slippery-surfaced bathroom context. I have neither the time nor inclination to be held up attempting delicate balancing acts with mens toiletries first thing in the morning.

After some careful thought though, I have recently solved this problem. I took the liberty of transferring a small washing-up sponge from the kitchen. This now resides in the bathroom, and provides a perfect non-slip compliant platform on which to house my upside-down Lynx bottle. Joyously I can now drain each one of its entire capacity, and luxuriate in the heady aroma of Africa, Twist or (if I'm feeling feisty) Excite, to my hearts content, safe in the knowledge I'm getting full value from each bottle.

*sigh*

Whens the first game ?

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
As we have a number hanging around on here at the moment, I have decided to embrace it and do my best to include our Palace rivals where I can...

So, for the benefit of our friends up the road:

soap
n.
1. A cleansing agent, manufactured in bars, granules, flakes, or liquid form, made from a mixture of the sodium salts of various fatty acids of natural oils and fats.

Shower gel or shower cream, also known as bodywash, is the general term for a substance similar to liquid soap, which is used for cleaning the body.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Had this discussion with someone recently. I'm very much a soap guy. Can't figure out shower gel. You put some on your hand and before you've washed yourself with it it has washed away. Takes about five or six lots to wash all over. Soap on the other hand is easy and practical.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really don't like how skin feels post-soap. Bit sorta sticky and dry, can't explain it. Shower gel all the way.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I use Lynx shower gel. There I said it. And yes, I wash my hair in it too (using a separate shampoo as well would be decadent and perverse).

As an aside, I find the bottles they put Lynx in something of an irritant. The top isn't flat you see, so if you want to leave it turned upside-down so as to extract every last drop before moving on to a new one, you have to carefully balance it against something, which is never easy within a slippery-surfaced bathroom context. I have neither the time nor inclination to be held up attempting delicate balancing acts with mens toiletries first thing in the morning.

After some careful thought though, I have recently solved this problem. I took the liberty of transferring a small washing-up sponge from the kitchen. This now resides in the bathroom, and provides a perfect non-slip compliant platform on which to house my upside-down Lynx bottle. Joyously I can now drain each one of its entire capacity, and luxuriate in the heady aroma of Africa, Twist or (if I'm feeling feisty) Excite, to my hearts content, safe in the knowledge I'm getting full value from each bottle.

*sigh*

Whens the first game ?

:bowdown:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shower gel with a buff-puff for my body and hair and Dove soap for my face.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
If I stay in a hotel, I always take the toiletries home with me (it seems a waste to leave them). At home, I usually use the gels first. As a result, I have built up an almost unacceptable collection of bars of soap, which I am now using and it is taking absolutely ages - a small bottle of shower gel lasts about two or three showers, but the soap just goes on and on. Yet another way the Man is ripping us off - if you want to save money people, buy a bar of soap. Or, better still, get your supply from business trips and holidays.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Had this discussion with someone recently. I'm very much a soap guy. Can't figure out shower gel. You put some on your hand and before you've washed yourself with it it has washed away. Takes about five or six lots to wash all over. Soap on the other hand is easy and practical.

maybe just move a little away from the shower head - apply shower gel move back under the water and rinse - alternatively buy a shower puff - they work very well in torrential conditions - trust me your life will be revolutionized.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
As long as you give yourself a good scrub you don't need either. Actually lubricating yourself with either means you remove less of the dead smelly skin that cause the odor. It's all a con and not very good for you either, but if you're really smelly and worried a scrub alone won't do, then an unfragranced ph-neutral hard soap is best.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here