Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LMA Manager

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Does anyone else remember this? I've just come across an old disk and it brought back so many memories... Brighton winning the FA cup in 2015 being one lol

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I never got in to that. I had a brief flirtation with Ultimate Soccer Manager for a short while. I got bored of messing about with the burger prices and quickly reverted back to Championship Manager.

I remember the excitement of getting Championship Manager Italia and having so many subs to use! That must have been the mid 90s

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I remember the excitement of getting Championship Manager Italia and having so many subs to use! That must have been the mid 90s

I had that, think it was one for the completist. Felt it was spoiled by the fact I knew hardly any of the players tho!

Jimmy Grimble

The LMA I had on Playstation used to have a glitch whereby every first match of the season, regardless of team, division or country, I would lose 8-1. Needless to say it didn't last long! :lolol:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I played LMA 2002 on the PS2 to death - getting the albion promoted using Bobby Z and Carl Leaburn as my strikeforce....top two scorers in the country.

Used to love it.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Just spent an hour playing LMA07 (PS2). Nice seeing my old saved files.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I used to LOVE USM98-99

Two big memories are
- creating a kickoff routine where the goalkeeper took kickoff and would inexplicably pick the ball up on the halfway line and punt it to the striker that has legged it down the pitch
- needing a win to secure the league title, offering my entire transfer budget to the other manager as a bung, the bung being accepted then that team going on to beat me anyway and I get investigated for match fixing and ultimately sacked

Oct 25, 2003
lma manager was too fiddly for me...i just don't think management games work on consoles for some reason (i'm in no way a game buff so can't provide any reasoning for this, just personal preference)

USM was really fun and the first management game i played...infuriating at times, but the ridiculous inclusion of things like bribes, bungs and the ability to set merchandise prices (how many managers actually do that?!) made it a fun play. Plus the crown in the jewel was ultimately the ability to go mental on the stadium. It's a shame that there weren't many options other than simply making it big...it was quite a basic game but i feel that another game could've developed the concept. FM/CM has never bothered with the stadium thing.

i was young at the time and during that era, 'cheats' were all the rage....on USM if you offered one of your coaches a contract of 99,999,999 they demanded a contract of something like -13,000,000....ie they gave you 13m a week...you just did that with all of your coaches and soon you were absolutely loaded enough to splash the cash on jari litmanen and mark bosnich #warchest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here