Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David awaits Albion move [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]David awaits Albion move[/h]9:00am Monday 1st July 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
2516941.jpg
David Lopez was offered a new one-year deal at the end of last season
Albion were last night urged to start talking with David if they want to keep him for another season.
The Spanish star was offered a new one-year deal at the end of last season.
But his representative says negotiations with the club have not yet started.
Miguel Angel Cermeño believes the delay could be down to events behind the scenes, with Gus Poyet dismissed, pending appeal, and Oscar Garcia appointed in the new role of head coach.
David has been linked with Reading, Middlesbrough, Nottingham Forest and Espanyol.
Cermeño said: “We haven’t done any deal with anybody.
“We are waiting. I am not negotiating with other clubs, I’m only listening to them and waiting for movement from Brighton.”
Cermeño believes it is up to Albion to make the next move.
He added: “They are interested in my client. That’s the correct way of doing things.”
Meanwhile Adam El-Abd, who was also offered a one-year deal, faces competition if he wants to join Barnsley.
The Tykes have spoken to Albion’s out-of contract defender as one of a handful of targets.
They are keen to sign a centre-back who is mobile, comfortable in possession and who, if necessary, could fill in at right-back.
They expect the Egypt international to take his time over a decision as he waits to see how things develop at The Amex under Garcia.
It is likely El-Abd would be offered a two-year deal at Oakwell.
Barnsley are now in Spain for a week as part of their build-up to the new Championship campaign.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here