Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone signed up to the Platinum Membership Scheme yet?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Just wondering about the Auto Cup Scheme and notice you have to re register in one of the Platinum or Gold membership Schemes..... Did I miss an announcement or something?

I wonder how many could afford to sign up to the Platinum scheme.. I would love to but am sure I would be heading for the divorce courts. I did 12 aways last season and she moaned like hell about that.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Is anybody really going to sign up to the Platinum membership, yes you are guaranteed to get tickets for every home cup games and every away game, BUT, you don't get the choice not to go a game your ST doesn't cover you will still have to pay for tickets.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
The only reason you would is if you were planning to go to every away game. Saves you time having to go on line and booking the tickets I presume.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The only reason you would is if you were planning to go to every away game. Saves you time having to go on line and booking the tickets I presume.

Yes, and you would save on the booking fee, but surely if you couldn't go to one away game the cost of that ticket would be higher than any benefit gained

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Yes, and you would save on the booking fee, but surely if you couldn't go to one away game the cost of that ticket would be higher than any benefit gained

sounds like the only time it will be useful is in the top flight where you know you will get every away ticket whereas others will scramble for just the glory games

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
sounds like the only time it will be useful is in the top flight where you know you will get every away ticket whereas others will scramble for just the glory games

True but do we have many fans who will be able to afford to purchase an away ticket for every premier league match irrespective of whether they can attend the match or not, will make the scheme far more suseptible for touting the tickets not wanted.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Where does it say you get 60 extra points? are the loyalty points going to be based on last years? I think you got 50% of anything you accrued over and above the basic ST points.

Loyalty points earned on renewal (apply only if booked prior to 31 August) 1330 (Plat) 1050 (Gold) 1000 (Silver)

Sorry, 50 not 60, it actually looks like 60 until I copied n pasted it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looks like if you don't pay any extra you'll be "Priority Silver"...

...and not automatically get your seat for home Cup games.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
STH's can choose Gold or Platinum for free there is no charge

Surely there's a charge? Gold is STH with Auto-Cup, and Platinum is Gold with away tickets automatically as well. Both of those have associated costs.

Not quite sure if you won't get your seat as @Bozza says though. I assume it just means Auto-Cup, but it's not clear.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Surely there's a charge? Gold is STH with Auto-Cup, and Platinum is Gold with away tickets automatically as well. Both of those have associated costs.

Not quite sure if you won't get your seat as @Bozza says though. I assume it just means Auto-Cup, but it's not clear.

Yes there is a cost, the cost of cup and away tickets but there does not appear to be a cost for joining the scheme for STH's

Yes gold is in effect the same as auto cup scheme from last year, STH's will get their own seat if not members so long as they pick it in the time limits like last year I guess.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Is it possible to sign for Gold after we've been knocked out of the League Cup? (ie Sept)

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Yes there is a cost, the cost of cup and away tickets but there does not appear to be a cost for joining the scheme for STH's

Yes gold is in effect the same as auto cup scheme from last year, STH's will get their own seat if not members so long as they pick it in the time limits like last year I guess.

Ah yes I see what you mean, there's no base charge to go up a tier. There's absolutely not by the way, this was confirmed in the FAQ.

I would assume you're right about cup seats, but the way it's worded doesn't suggest that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here