Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So has Gus Appealed ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
With the excitement of Oscar arriving i don't know whether i have missed this, but has Gus officially appealed against his dismissal ? And, if not, how much longer does he have left to appeal ?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Internal process so we are unlikely to hear until it is over. Normally 7 days to appeal but could be minimum of 5, will be as per club guidelines so we dont know for sure.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Internal process so we are unlikely to hear until it is over. Normally 7 days to appeal but could be minimum of 5, will be as per club guidelines so we dont know for sure.

I would have thought there would be one employee who comes on here, that could state what the club handbook says to length of time to appeal, after a hearing.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's now over a week and i would have expected one side or the other to announce that an appeal has been lodged.

I wonder if Gus has been advised not to appeal ? :angel:

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Well Gus said he was appealing...and if you watch Tony Blooms interview , he himself says that nothing else can be said at the moment from the club , because Gus is appealing . I reckon , that sort of means, ....he's appealing !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If your sacked from work, it can't be your place of work that defines the amount of time you have to appeal the decision with the courts, there will be laws that define a minimum length of time (I assume the the employer could increase that).

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
If your sacked from work, it can't be your place of work that defines the amount of time you have to appeal the decision with the courts, there will be laws that define a minimum length of time (I assume the the employer could increase that).

First appeal is to employer and then on to courts, although you can miss employer out but best advice not to.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I suggested originally that he wouldn't appeal. That it had been agreed with the club previously. Will stick with that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
None of our business really. Eventually it'll be released as a 'mutual agreement' was made, I am sure.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He may well have been advised not to appeal. All the time he is appealing he is unemployable one would think and if he were to lose, as I suspect he would. His credibility would be even more damaged than it already is. On the other hand if he were to win, then I suppose he would get quite a hefty compo package and his credibility would be restored. I reckon if he keeps a low profile for a while he will be fine and back in a job pretty soon( although where will be interesting). But then this is Gus we are talking about.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
He has to appeal. He needs to follow all internal stages before going to tribunal, otherwise likelihood is that tribunal will not accept the claim unless extenuating circumstances. Assume this is all building to a settlement though.

I'm guessing that will be mutual settlement over coming days, compromise agreement and gagging order for at least 6-12 months on Gus in return for nice payoff. Purely a guess though.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
By appealling he is trying to say....I have done nothing wrong....(albeit a 500 page charge sheet)...if he does'nt appeal then it looks like he is admitting he stepped out of line...but there again...do you think the club inviting him to appeal shows the club are watertight on their case against Gus....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here