Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket booking fees

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
I booked 3 tickets for the Norwich friendly this morning (after all, £12 seems reasonable for a friendly), to find that the booking fee was showing as £2 in total, but the transaction value actual came out as £1 more than the checkout showed.
I queried this via the "Contact Us" link, and then had to re-query when an automated email came back saying the email address had changed.
The response I got (as well as assurances that they'd sort out updating the website) was as follows:

"It’s now £1 per ticket online & £1.50 over the phone or in person."

Now, I was aware there were plans to change the online booking fee, but wasn't aware that they would be introducing fees for picking them up in person!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
i hate booking fees - just include it in the price of the ****ing ticket grr :rant:

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Agree on all counts.
Online savings should mean cheaper prices when ordering online, so why not say:
"Ticket price £13.50, with a 50p discount when booking online"?
It puts the booking fees in a better light, although it DOES mean that the headline ticket prices are higher (though more accurately reflecting the full cost, if we can't avoid a booking fee).

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
I have tried to buy 2 under 10 tickets with my own and the page keeps refreshing to full price for each ticket.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
We are consulted, with massive fanfare, about choosing the name for the membership scheme. But more and higher booking fees are slid in on the quiet. I don't even think it is legal to show one fee on the pricing webpage and then charge more at checkout.

Customer focus at it's best, FFS.

PG

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
We are consulted, with massive fanfare, about choosing the name for the membership scheme. But more and higher booking fees are slid in on the quiet. I don't even think it is legal to show one fee on the pricing webpage and then charge more at checkout.

Customer focus at it's best, FFS.

PG

...although it's no different if you're booking 2 tickets, and it's cheaper than they quote if you only buy one ticket. I think the change to a (cheaper) per-ticket online fee was expected and I feel it is a good move. As I say, though, the booking fee when picking up in person was a surprise to me.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
You think that is bad. Try buying tickets at the oval! Booking fee for 2 tickets........£17.50!

Actually that isn't strictly true it was for a five match package so "only" works out at £1.75 per ticket per match but still a ****ing rip off.

Did the club make you pay the booking fee per ticket per match when they did the 5 match packages last season??

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
we've been here before, iirc its the cost of using the ticketing software. when you get a ticket in person, they still use the same system, with a fee still charged.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
FFP is coming! Everyone, pay up! Don't ask these kind of questions either. They're unhelpful and divisive.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Last season people moaned about the booking fee saying it was unfair as you didn't have to pay it if you purchased in person. The response to this perceived unfairness - charge a booking fee for sales in person. Classic Barber.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Buying concert tickets is worse. At the Dome there is a £3 admin fee, plus £1.75 for them to print the ticket (whether they post it to me or I pick it up on the night).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here