Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trust and relax

Silverfox

Aug 1, 2011
Eastbourne
The Board have in my opinion managed the whole process perfectly and as the facts emerge BHA can hold their heads high. We have an exciting new Coach with an interesting history and successful first year in management. I wish that the speculators, rumour mongers, moaners, glass half full crowd etc could just relax and look forward to the new season. No amount of whinging will influence the club. Someone close to Bloom said to me a few years ago, you have everything to look forward to, everything Bloom touches turns to gold.

I was out with a camera early Sunday and couldn't help but stop in the fields above the Amex. Standing in the poppy field looking down on the sexiest stadium in the world as it appeared to emerge from the poppies. Goose bumps? Yeah. There is not long to go, just trust and relax and enjoy the new season ahead.

Amex poppies.JPG

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The Board have in my opinion managed the whole process perfectly and as the facts emerge BHA can hold their heads high. We have an exciting new Coach with an interesting history and successful first year in management. I wish that the speculators, rumour mongers, moaners, glass half full crowd etc could just relax and look forward to the new season. No amount of whinging will influence the club. Someone close to Bloom said to me a few years ago, you have everything to look forward to, everything Bloom touches turns to gold.

I was out with a camera early Sunday and couldn't help but stop in the fields above the Amex. Standing in the poppy field looking down on the sexiest stadium in the world as it appeared to emerge from the poppies. Goose bumps? Yeah. There is not long to go, just trust and relax and enjoy the new season ahead.

View attachment 44340

Lovely photo but that sentence amazes me!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'm with you Comrade. Since the appointment of OGJ I feel my equilibrium has been restored. It's progress at the Good Ship Albion

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm not sure it has gone perfectly - releasing the Poyet sacking statement while he was on air, regardless of whether he already knew or not, was a PR howler - but they've certainly tried to do it by the book

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος

What facts? ???

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

View attachment 44340

I am looking forward to the new season, no quibbles there. Still gutted about so much that has happened in the last month or so, but as a football fan you learn to ride with it.

Nice photo by the way

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Once that opium crop is harvested we'll be able to sign all manner of exciting new players, and take the league by storm. Mwahahaha

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Long term I'm sure we'll be fine, which is probably what we should measure the board's actions by.

Can't help feeling a little uncomfortable about certain aspects of what has happened though.

Aug 23, 2011
Is it me just being cynical or seeing something that isn't there but it appears to me that there have been quite a few threads started saying to trust the board and how well they did things by posters with only a few posts to their names. It just seems a bit odd to me but then i don't read every post so it might just be coincidence

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Is it me just being cynical or seeing something that isn't there but it appears to me that there have been quite a few threads started saying to trust the board and how well they did things by posters with only a few posts to their names. It just seems a bit odd to me but then i don't read every post so it might just be coincidence

there were quite a few came on as the shite hit the fan about 6 weeks ago
then again maybe it is just a coincidence
maybe its my age but I don't trust anything I see,hear or read any longer

if someone says they are hanging someone I want to see the body hanging there so to speak.

Aug 23, 2011
there were quite a few came on as the shite hit the fan about 6 weeks ago
then again maybe it is just a coincidence
maybe its my age but I don't trust anything I see,hear or read any longer

if someone says they are hanging someone I want to see the body hanging there so to speak.

i do wonder how many accounts the club have on somewhere like this which they use for PR, if thye aren't doing that then they are probably missing a trick or maybe they don't think its worth it

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
I think the majority of us are feeling far more optimistic than we did, say, 3 weeks ago. It's great. I can't say things didn't feel very shaky in June because they really, really did. It wasn't a pleasant period. However the OP has nailed it here, and the picture is a symbol of our revived optimism. Great photo.

Bruno

Jul 2, 2012
Are you a naturally paranoid/cynical person or do you work at it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here