Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC Vs Norwich 1983 QF

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
On after the adverts; looking forward to this.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The most packed in I had ever felt in the NS, directly behind the goal......it was a goal celebration to end all celebrations.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
The most packed in I had ever felt in the NS, directly behind the goal......it was a goal celebration to end all celebrations.

It was indeed. Like you say North stand was rammed .Brilliant celebration and atmosphere. No roof then but still noisy. Hove park was a bit lively afterwards I seem to recall.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Hove park was a bit lively afterwards I seem to recall.

That it was, which surprised us as Norwich had no history of shenanigans, other than with Ipswich.....but they soon scuttled off one the NS faithful emerged in numbers.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Time for ITV to give the 1982/83 and 1978/79 seasons a rest and show other seasons!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It was brilliant, an atmosphere and packed ground like virtually no other I can remember.

However after watching the Jimmy McGovern Hillsborough drama/doc it did bring back a few memories of that day, purely because I can't recall ever being so tightly packed on a terrace. Not saying it was anywhere near as bad, but it's the closest I have experienced and felt - even if I didn't realise it at the time.

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
i was in the east and the ground was heaving like i had never experienced before.when case scored the north stand went mentally bonkers i didnt think football could be any better than this(then came the semi-final).the highs that come along as a fan of a club like brighton are all the more intense because we are all to aware of the lows as well.last season being a perfect example of my previous point.i shall be back next year armed with an unreasonable dose of hope and,dare i say it,expectation.seagulls!!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Sky plused this and watched it this morning. Great to see again after all these years.

Did notice how much Neil smilie looks like the guy who played vince in that 80s comedy, just good friends.
Funny

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here