Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is the warmth this year. Global warming ..... Hmm

So with the 6 month data in for the weather in our part of the world (south coast), the startling fact is what has happened to the heat? I am not asking for hot balmy days, but a warm day where the temperature touches 20 degrees or 68 in Fahrenheit?

Okay June has turned out to be pleasant, but still feeling more like Autumn than the first month of summer.
The only solace is that for the first time for a long while we had a dry month only experiencing 14 mm of rain when 64 mm is the norm.

In 2013 we have had a paltry 7 days of 20+. Even the pathetic summer of 2012 achieved 9 days at this point & 2011 14 days. 2010 was 18, 2009 18, 2008 19, 2007 18, 2006 13, 2005 14, 2004 16, 2003 20 days.
You have to go back to 2002 & 5 days to find a comparison.

Global warming?
More like global cooling here in Sussex!

Still, after midweek the weather looks like perking up.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Good lord not this again. The globe refers to the whole world. How can the weather being carp in Sussex be referred to as global cooling?

I use this when anyone refers to a climatic generalisation or event somewhere within the world as some kind of evidence of Gobal Warming, but I cannot help thinking perhaps we're are not on the same side on this one ??

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I use this when anyone refers to a climatic generalisation or event somewhere within the world as some kind of evidence of Gobal Warming, but I cannot help thinking perhaps we're are not on the same side on this one ??

No, we're probably not. The point still stands though. It's too early in the morning for any coherent arguments!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Las Vegas (that's in the USA) is only a couple of degrees from recording the highest ever temperature on Earth since records began. Weather systems are complex, in that warmer weather in one part of the world can lead to cooler climates elsewhere.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
So with the 6 month data in for the weather in our part of the world (south coast), the startling fact is what has happened to the heat? I am not asking for hot balmy days, but a warm day where the temperature touches 20 degrees or 68 in Fahrenheit?

Okay June has turned out to be pleasant, but still feeling more like Autumn than the first month of summer.
The only solace is that for the first time for a long while we had a dry month only experiencing 14 mm of rain when 64 mm is the norm.

In 2013 we have had a paltry 7 days of 20+. Even the pathetic summer of 2012 achieved 9 days at this point & 2011 14 days. 2010 was 18, 2009 18, 2008 19, 2007 18, 2006 13, 2005 14, 2004 16, 2003 20 days.
You have to go back to 2002 & 5 days to find a comparison.

Global warming?
More like global cooling here in Sussex!

Still, after midweek the weather looks like perking up.

I think there would be a few Americans who disagree with you at the moment

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How can the weather being carp in Sussex be referred to as global cooling?

Well I'll Haddock a guess and say it will be Brill at the weekend.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Hmmm, I've never been convinced by climate change denialism until now. The OP has made me realised that I can't believe in both the scientific consensus AND that Sussex is the most important place in the World. Hmmm.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Although the weather was crap yesterday in brighton with fog etc, we went to wake hurst place ardingly and it was really sunny and warm.

I wonder if we are going to ave another one of those summers where the sea is so cold, we get a lot of fog, which doesn't warm the sea up, so it ends up remaining foggy for ages!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Obviously, the globe only refers to the glorious Peoples' Republic of Taunton Deane , where the weather has been some-wat off peak due to the incursion of cold air from the twin terrors of Devon and Cornwall.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Quite a good day to moan about the poor weather really. Yesterday was lovely, today will be ok. The outlook is for a less settled spell mid-week, but this weekend and into next week looks beautiful with a strong High pressure initially ridging in from the Azores, and then establishing over the UK. Could see some high temperature by early next week.

I'd expect 22-25C for this coming weekend, perhaps higher away from our coastal area.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Quite a good day to moan about the poor weather really. Yesterday was lovely, today will be ok. The outlook is for a less settled spell mid-week, but this weekend and into next week looks beautiful with a strong High pressure initially ridging in from the Azores, and then establishing over the UK. Could see some high temperature by early next week.

I'd expect 22-25C for this coming weekend, perhaps higher away from our coastal area.

Thanks Papa, at least this thread was good for something.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here