Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dwight a lotta money! £6,miilion and could be £8.5 million.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Sorry if this has been posted but looked but couldn't find anything.

Good god. Didn't realize they paid that amount for him and to think Steve Parish is saying Brighton are being unrealistic about Bridcutts Valuation.

CRYSTAL PALACE could end up paying a staggering £8.5million for Peterborough striker Dwight Gayle.

The Premier League new-boys have agreed a £6m deal for the former carpenter — who was playing for Bishop’s Stortford in Conference North 14 months ago.

Yet Palace — set to hand Gayle £18,000 a week — could pay Posh a further £2.5m in add-ons depending on his success.

Gayle, 22, joined Peterborough from Dagenham for £400,000 in January following a successful loan spell at the end of last year.

He impressed with seven goals in nine games during that period, then added six more after joining on a permanent basis.

Yet when he signed his 4½-year contract, the east Londoners insisted on a 25 per cent sell-on clause — which means they will receive at least £1.5m from the move.

And with Dagenham’s entire wage bill totalling about £750,000, it means Gayle’s transfer has secured the League Two club’s future.

Gayle was on Arsenal’s books as a youngster and has previously turned out for Stansted — in the Essex Senior League — and park teams in Walthamstow.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...d-pay-85m-for-Dwight-Gayle.html#ixzz2XiTGrqYY

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How many strikers have Peterborough sold in the last few years? Or I suppose the better question would be how do they keep finding them?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
:lolol: Money well spent for (at most) 10 league goals next season.

That many ? Does he know Muzza will be earning more money staying at home and putting his feet up ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good to see Palace have learnt from their previous mistakes and aren't being profligate with their new found wealth.

What? :dunce:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Oh good, ANOTHER Palace thread. The trolls are to be fed once again. :facepalm:

With regards to Dwight Gayle and his transfer fee - seriously, who cares? We all know the market is a shambles and that English players are sold for stupid amounts.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Oh good, ANOTHER Palace thread. The trolls are to be fed once again. :facepalm:

With regards to Dwight Gayle and his transfer fee - seriously, who cares? We all know the market is a shambles and that English players are sold for stupid amounts.

And Scottish players.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Am I the only one to have never even heard of this bloke ??? I thought Dwight Gayle was a cricketer.. I'm clearly confused.

Is he any good?

If he was good and had potential then don't you think one of the big club would have snapped him up. Oh and by the way, I've never heard of him as well.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It was a subtle reference to the 850k for Dobbie.

Nice to know we didn't have to write off £850k and we got all our money back instead of getting rid of him on a free transfer to a League 1 club. :smile:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Didn't Hernandez cost less than that? Mugs!

Do you reckon they might have to play a friendly as well as part of the deal!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here