Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cat Deeley's brother selling Charlton to Russians?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Probably not of much interest to anyone on here but me, but there's a story in today's Mail on Sunday about Russians trying to buy Charlton (stuff in the MoS usually fairly reliable where Charlton are concerned as the club's ex-website and programme editor is on their sports desk). Wouldn't take much notice of newspaper talk in isolation, but a very reliable source - the guy behind Voice of the Valley fanzine and the Back To The Valley campaign, who was until a couple of months ago a CAFC executive - has just confirmed online that a due dilligence process is already underway. Bizarrely, though, he says that the sale is being headed up by Max Deeley. Someone who not only hasn't got any links to CAFC that anyone is aware of, but is also (a) Cat Deeley's brother, (b) goalie for Woking hockey club, and (c) 2011 World Rock Paper Scissors champion. Most strange. [NB The sale will almost certainly fall through, we've had at least two other takeovers collapse in the due dilligence process in recent years, but if by some fluke it does go through we might well be amongst the promotion contenders next season.]

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm surprised at this news. I thought Derren Brown would be Rock Paper Scissors Champion.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
When I saw this thread title I was going to say it sounds like a Mail headline. And it turns out to be a story in the Mail on Sunday. You literally could not make it up.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
wow

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Did someone mention Cat Deeley?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
love the headline. needs a pic of Miss Deelay next to the story, for no reason other than an excuse to have such a picture and make a vague celeb link to the story.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Bless a football fan getting excited about there team being taken over by oilrichrussian#162728 in the hope that they spunk a load of money on mercenaries.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
You're the one that claimed that cafc were dead Certs for relegation last season. You're credibility on you knowing anything about your club is pretty shabby really.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Wouldn't matter how much is pumped into your club with FFP rules

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here