Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The more I see and read about "zero-goal" Oscar....

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
...the more excited I get!

I've watched some vids from MTA and read some of his quotes and he seems to genuinely believe the stuff he's quoted as saying on the club's website. Possession football with an urgency to attack, and a desire to win games rather than accept a draw. He does seem a natural step on from Gus' time. Time will tell how he settles into life in sunny Sussex (Barcelona, Tel Aviv and Brighton are natural bed-fellows weather-wise, after all), but I can't wait for the start of the season!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just shows how things change in football. A week ago we were on course for a shit season and the club was imploding. Now we're going for auto with young Barca B teamers expected and a manager who has inspired pretty well everyone.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I'm happy now as was depressed thinking about the up coming season. Hope he can sort out the never can win when going behind syndrome and like the bit where he says his desire to win games than draw them, how refreshing.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
We will be attacking so much with our improved strike force, the defenders won't even be getting a look in, as we will be in the opposition half for 90% of the game!! :angel:

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
We are going to walk the league this year. Attacking football from the off and with the quality players we have I think we we will be promoted by mid April. We threatened last season now it's time to nail it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We are going to walk the league this year. Attacking football from the off and with the quality players we have I think we we will be promoted by mid April. We threatened last season now it's time to nail it.

I would reserve judgement on that until around October at the earliest.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Ban! - hyper optimism not permitted on this site.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
This could go either way. Either we control games but let loose slightly more to win those games that we would have only drawn. Or the team turns into a defensive mess but we score goals, you know, matches we loose 4-5, etc. Gus always said he didn't like crazy, well this could turn out crazy.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Exciting times ahead I think. I can't wait for August.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
MTA scored 78 goals from 36 league games in 12/13 compared to 41 from 30 in 11/12. Case proven, methinks.

Yes, I spotted that stat. How cool is that? Personally, I'd rather win 4-2 than 1-0 any day. Obviously, an attack minded coach potentially runs the risk of losing more game too (4-2 could become 1-2 on a bad day for the attacking players), but what fun to watch a team that attacks and then attacks some more!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm excited by Oscar but reckon it'll take him 6 months to settle in here, despite the fact we've got a team of flairniacs. I hope our fans don't get stroppy and start wanting him out if we are mid table or worse at Christmas...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
This little article is worth a read (ignore the bit about making history with Barcelona).
http://www.totalbarca.com/2011/youth/oscar-garcia-i-want-to-make-history-at-barca/

Nice article - thanks for the link.

We have to accept that 0G will want to end up managing Barca one day and that there will be a club (or two or three!) between us and Barca. I will be happy if he stays with us long enough to get us up, plus 1 season to stay up (so, let's say a stay of two or three years). I can't believe that TB has brought him to secure us in the Championship; the brief will be to get us up asap. TBH, I'd settle for a top 8 finish this season (it will be 0G's first season after all), promotion in 14/15 and 17th or better in EPL in 15/16. If he achieves that and then moves onto a mid (or better) EPL (or other league) team for 16/17, he will have done his job....

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here