Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long does it take your wife/partner to say goodbye to friends.

D

Deleted User X18H

It took mine over 11 minutes to complete this yesterday. No more than 7 of her friends present and they had been jawing all afternoon. She kissed one woman goodbye, who she later admitted she had no idea who she was.

It really gets on my nerves.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The byes are said in the lounge, conversation carries on into the hall, then the front doorstep, then beside the car, then with the car windows down as we leave. 15 mins on average I imagine

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
When it's decided we are leaving I open another beer, I pretty much always manage to finish it before she's ready to really leave.

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
This is great for when your at a party as you can generally sneak another drink or two in whilst all the goodbye ceremony takes place:drink: 10 mins is probably average time scale.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I was at a wedding yesterday and my family made me down my drink claiming we were leaving....half an hour later we finally leave :rant:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Whats the longest you have waited for a woman outside a shoe shop? I spent an hour and 45 minutes outside a place in Germany once.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Winds me up every time. I usually want to leave and keep saying "right ok then we best get off, we have washing to get back in" after a few of them we finally get to good byes.. A bye is said but immediately another topic is started Which is around 10 mins. Annoys the hell out of me. Women just chat shit all the time!

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
It took mine over 11 minutes to complete this yesterday. No more than 7 of her friends present and they had been jawing all afternoon. She kissed one woman goodbye, who she later admitted she had no idea who she was.

It really gets on my nerves.

It has taken 40 minutes before, goodness me they do arf go on.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
with my ex is used to go like this...

on the way somewhere i would say "today, when i say we are going, i mean like, we are going - 3/4 mins style."

then when said we were going, she would chat to everyone for ages, at one point we had done all the goodbyes, but always one other bird would walk with her in this "trance chat" zone to the car............this went on for 8/12 minutes and i did not exist and felt like such a lemon - when i did something like open a car door or jangle keys for the 10th time - she would "snap out of it" - and - "oh, dear, we really have to go" she would say - like it was her fking idea.....

......then the other women would look at me like i was a lemon, and i would look back with a look of, "i look like a lemon, because i feel like a lemon.....you nutcase."

then once the car was moving, "don't rush me, corr, you are i such a rush."

she didnt last, and got put on the bus, now single, and trips out and to the beach etc are so much quicker.

i was talking to a mate about this recently, we reckon if you spend all day with your partner/misses/gfriend - you waste 2.2 hours on average on her slowing you down....that's a lot of wasted life.

e.g goto beach on own or with blokes - open car door - get out with towel. with the ex.....20 minutes of getting bags, boxes, organizing the boot, etc etc......it drives me nuts.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Sometimes when i'm standing in the atrium and my girlfriend and her sister yabber in Spanish excitedly for about 5 minutes, the volume with each unknown word rising, i sometimes think i wouldn't mind her being in a small accident - you know something like a fall down an unsafened manhole cover that gains us a hefty pay-ff and her a state of lifelong claustrophobia that includes lurking in hallways - that left her in a wheelchair so that i could wheel her out and the sister would have to follow us up the road to finish their adioses.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Women are from Venus, men are from Mars.

Every heterosexual man should give his partner a copy and tell her to read the bits about men - it's excellent. Naturally, don't bother reading the bits about women; strangely, it's rubbish there :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here