Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Super news from the REMF Golf Day

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Just like to let everyone know that the 2013 REMF Golf Day was, financially, the best ever.

Although there was a bit of light rain about, it was very mild and virtually no wind. The rain cleared later and most golfers ended their rounds in warm, dry weather. The golf was followed by a 4 course meal, which everyone agreed was excellent, and then we had the presentation of trophies and prizes followed by the auction and raffle.

The auction was a massive success. I asked "Granny Weatherwax" to do the calling and this raised the magnificent sum of £840. The raffle, thanks to my wife, realised nearly £600.

We had nearly 70 golfers out, and they supported the REMF in a magnificent manner. This is what makes the day. People come and have a great day out, but they make it even better by supporting the day when they are there. Even the catering staff at Mid-Sussex G.C. had a bumper day by what was collected from the tables during the meal.

Many thanks to my wife, Linda, and youngest daughter, Katherine, for their invaluable help for the raffle and through the day, John and Terry for "doing" the cards, and for Dave, (Granny Weatherwax), for the auction.

Oh yes, almost forgot, we had a profit of over £3,000, to be exact, over £3,200.

Many, many thanks for all those that made the this such a memorable, and the best, REMF Charity Golf Day yet.

You were superb.

See you all next year.

Tony.....
REMF Chairman and golf day organizer

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Brilliant news Tony. Well done !!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Nice one Bruv:clap2:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
A great day and thanks to you and your magnificent team for making it so enjoyable. Can I play off of 56 next year?

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Well done I'm definitely in for next year!

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Great stuff, any news on the scores/ scorecards?

The scoring for both team and individual trophies was excellent. The runner-up 4-ball team was "Stefan Heaven" with 94 points, but the 4-ball winning trophies went to "Peter Jarman B team" led by Kayvan Khoroosi with a magnificent 98 points.

The individual winning scores were much closer. The third and fourth prizes were split by countback after both entrants, Paul Hammond and Rob Amati, scored 41 points. Paul just getting the nod. The winner and runner-up trophies were also decided on countback after Nick Hills and Scott Allinson both had superb scores of 43 points. Scott just edging it.

The overall winner was the REMF though. :thumbsup:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Please tell me I retained the, much sought after, wooden spoon

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well done , more dosh for REMF :clap:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
6 years ago this was a little jolly making £ 100 from donations. Tony has made it one of THE annual Golfing events in Sussex and raising £ 3k. Top work from a Top Bloke, I am honoured to know.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Please tell me I retained the, much sought after, wooden spoon

No bloody chance.....myself and bobby smith above both came in with thirteen points each...I know 13 bloody points!

I can't believe how shite I played...but tony was right, the day was terrific and great to see so many people there.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Unfortunately I feel I may have squeaked just underneath you to lift that little beauty? That said I can't even score stapleford so someone was working it out for me, maybe I got a couple more than expected. Agree though a great day and a very worthy cause.

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
Thanks again to Tony as it was a fantastic day and we even won the overall which made it even more special.
I would urge anyone who plays golf to try and get along next year to support this event.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here