Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flags at Glastonbury

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Why do we have so many flags flown at Glastonbury (or the proper name of the Pilton Pop Festival)? How the hell can anyone see the blinking stage?

....and why isn't anyone waving an Albion flag? Seen the Wolves one.

oh I'm getting old......
bring on the Stones!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Brilliant to see a Karl Pilkington flag there.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
watching friday, appeared to have 3 Mexican. i would imagine with the height of them, for most people it would make any difference as they are underneath. it screws with the TV sight lines because they are in a gantry 10 foot up.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Why do we have so many flags flown at Glastonbury (or the proper name of the Pilton Pop Festival)? How the hell can anyone see the blinking stage?

....and why isn't anyone waving an Albion flag? Seen the Wolves one.

oh I'm getting old......
bring on the Stones!

I take it you have never been to a festival...basically they are used as markers for groups of people trying to find each other

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
I take it you have never been to a festival...basically they are used as markers for groups of people trying to find each other

Surely it is more fun getting completely off your nut, not having a clue where anyone you may remotely know is and ending up somewhere you have no clue how you got to?

For those that tie them to their tents, that's just easy prey for a chance of tying them to a completely different tent to 'help' them loose their way. :whistle:

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Surely it is more fun getting completely off your nut, not having a clue where anyone you may remotely know is and ending up somewhere you have no clue how you got to?

For those that tie them to their tents, that's just easy prey for a chance of tying them to a completely different tent to 'help' them loose their way. :whistle:

we didn't have flags at IOW festival so I was the bloke walking around off my nut talking to randoms

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
They dont bother you when you are there, some are quite funny and others are quite handy to stand by if you are trying to meet up.

They dont bother anyone really apart from the Mugs who carry them around.

I guess it also allows for people who are watching at home to spot their mates in the crowd?

I think it ads somthing, nice to see instead of thousands of heads infront of you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They dont bother you when you are there, some are quite funny and others are quite handy to stand by if you are trying to meet up.

They dont bother anyone really apart from the Mugs who carry them around.

I guess it also allows for people who are watching at home to spot their mates in the crowd?

I think it ads somthing, nice to see instead of thousands of heads infront of you.

This. Doesn't seem to bother anyone at the festival and it looks good.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
I had my Brighton flag with me, it bothered no one and i got loads of 'seagulls seagulls!' as people walked past, couldnt see you at the cider bus Herr, but that was probably cos everyone was wearing waterproof jackets so i couldnt see your orange jumper! did you have a good week?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here