Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's going alright..

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Any one else that is happy with everything at the moment? I couldn't care less about the Poyet Saga now...

I also find it great with the type of players we're being linked to (Deulofeu)
No all we have to do is wait, until the players starting rolling in.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Absolutely.

Poyet did a great job, but Garcia looks capable of continuing that job and taking us to the next level, and arguably has a better coaching pedigree than Gus.
Hopefully it's the end of much negative media attention that Gus himself (Suarez etc) and the entire saga (whoever is to blame) attracted towards the club. By sticking with a Spanish speaking manager it keeps the likes of Bruno, Dave (fingers crossed), Calde, Orlandi and Ulloa happy, and I think that is key, because it's obvious that we need to continue bringing in cheaper players from overseas to comply with FFP.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm as happy as the next person about having this summers goings on put to bed, but let not plan the promotion party just yet!
Let's cautiously be optimistic and then review again around Christmas

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm a lot happier and more optimistic than i was a week ago. If the new manager can bring in a few decent players and plays nice football, then i will be even more happier. :)

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Absolutely.

Poyet did a great job, but Garcia looks capable of continuing that job and taking us to the next level, and arguably has a better coaching pedigree than Gus.
Hopefully it's the end of much negative media attention that Gus himself (Suarez etc) and the entire saga (whoever is to blame) attracted towards the club. By sticking with a Spanish speaking manager it keeps the likes of Bruno, Dave (fingers crossed), Calde, Orlandi and Ulloa happy, and I think that is key, because it's obvious that we need to continue bringing in cheaper players from overseas to comply with FFP.

Excellent post. Spot on!

What I also like is the fact that Oscar comes fresh from a title win, which he will be buoyed by and he'll certainly look at us as a team / club and fully believe we can win the thing (autos at least!).

That will transmit to the players, as will the plain knowledge of his successful record.

Add to all this that we are likely to retain most or all of our core squad from a largely successful campaign last year and we go into the season confident....and then there's the little matter of exciting loans or shrewd free transfers from Spain to come.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Excellent post. Spot on!

What I also like is the fact that Oscar comes fresh from a title win, which he will be buoyed by and he'll certainly look at us as a team / club and fully believe we can win the thing (autos at least!).

That will transmit to the players, as will the plain knowledge of his successful record.

Add to all this that we are likely to retain most or all of our core squad from a largely successful campaign last year and we go into the season confident....and then there's the little matter of exciting loans or shrewd free transfers from Spain to come.

Yep.

welsh seagull

Jan 20, 2012
I agree that things are really on the up again after the long drawn out saga. Oscar will have done his homework on the club before signing. and will see a real chance of achieving something special here with all of his contacts. Remember that Poyet came here 3 and a half years ago as a largely untried and perhaps risky appointment, but leaves as one of the most sought after managers in the game. (He would be even more sought after if he could learn to think before he speaks sometimes). Who is to say that Oscar won't achieve as much or even more. I feel sure there will be some exciting signings in the next few weeks, to add to the majority of last years squad. (I don't think any of our current players would want to leave at the moment?)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Any one else that is happy with everything at the moment? I couldn't care less about the Poyet Saga now...
I wasn't too bothered about the Poyet saga in the first place. I'd prefer if he hadn't fallen out with his bosses, and we continued as we were going, hopefully a little better next year - but basically I support TB, almost regardless of what he does. We are where we are because of him, and I am very grateful, and support his decisions. I felt confident he'd replace Gus with someone decent, I don't really know what all the fuss was about.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Absolutely.

Good post. Now go and update your signature :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here