Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Moore - The Legend of Rugby

el punal

I could listen to this bloke for hours. His opinions, views and rants are second to none and, like the way he played, totally uncompromising.

For me, one of his best comments was when England were playing Scotland a few seasons back in the Six-Nations. An England player was penalised for punching a Scot.

Pitbull's comment : " Call that a punch - that was just a gay slap." Priceless.

Carry on Brian regardless. :bowdown:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's an absolute knob.

As a player - legend, yes.
As a broadcaster - utterly dreadful.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Reminds me of Botham when talking cricket - cannot accept perhaps the game is better now and players have achieved more than they have.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He always reminds me of Darren Gough ..... until he opens his mouth and starts talking sense,

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Brian Moore is an excellant summariser. A lot of people tend to criticise on here but they don't really follow rugby.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not a great rugby fan admittedly, but gave up reading anything written by him as there just seemed to a recurring theme of slagging off football.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I used to work with a rugby referee. He thought Moore was stuck in the past and had a terrible understanding of how the laws of the game had moved on since he played. Apparently his analysis is often wrong because he doesn't know how the rules have changed and how referees will interpret them.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Saw him do a sportsman's speech in Manchester a few months ago. He was pissed throughout, kept forgetting his lines/anecdotes, boorish in the extreme, but trousered £10k for the event.

Good work if you can get it.

Camicus

Brian Moore is an excellant summariser. A lot of people tend to criticise on here but they don't really follow rugby.

I played rugby for years and follow it and I would have to say Moore is a total **** and unwatchable in fact he's so bad I have to turn the tv commentary off when hes on

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I like him. He gets very frustrated with players when commenting on poor play or silly errors, but that makes him more enjoyable for me.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I lived in Wales for 4 years. To say they slightly resent their license fee money contributing to them having to listen to his one-sided commentary against their nation is a bit of an understatement.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
I lived in Wales for 4 years. To say they slightly resent their license fee money contributing to them having to listen to his one-sided commentary against their nation is a bit of an understatement.

They have a red button for alternative commentary and it wouldn't be like they're waiting for the first opportunity to lay into anything English would it. He played at a time when Welsh rugby was laughable and they find it irksome that he was on the winning side overwhelmingly against them. That they should still feel this way and be concerned about him when they have such a successful side, would seem to indicate that they have a chip on their shoulders that they were not born English.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
They have a red button for alternative commentary and it wouldn't be like they're waiting for the first opportunity to lay into anything English would it. He played at a time when Welsh rugby was laughable and they find it irksome that he was on the winning side overwhelmingly against them. That they should still feel this way and be concerned about him when they have such a successful side, would seem to indicate that they have a chip on their shoulders that they were not born English.

And you don't hear many of the English license payers, of which there are about 15x as many, whinging about Eddie Butler being welsh and, understandably, having a slight bias towards them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here