Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rick Stein's India

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Just got the book and cooked the Chicken Passanda (p 192). Fabulous! The guy is a natural, albeit more modest, successor to the genius that was Keith Floyd.
Recommended reading and cooking.

TNBA

TTF

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Can you buy the ingredients in this country? His last book was full of stuff you couldn't get hold of so was a waste of time

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
His Spanish series was well lush, in every sense of the word.
Even stat club jnrs, who are far to young for an adult cookery/travelogue programme, got into it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
All standard curry extras apart from Kashmiri Chilli Powder. I don't even know what the difference is or was?

TNBA

TTF

It's quite mild which means you can use a lot giving colour and flavour as well as heat.

Luckily leaving near Tooting it's a store cupboard favourite.

If you have trouble getting it send me a PM.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I like Stein and am enjoying this India series

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just got the book and cooked the Chicken Passanda (p 192). Fabulous! The guy is a natural, albeit more modest, successor to the genius that was Keith Floyd.

TNBA

TTF

I will check this out, was impressed with the short series he did covering the far East before. Lovely to know that a chef's passion for food does not always have to end up as a schoolboys swearing session.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can you buy the ingredients in this country? His last book was full of stuff you couldn't get hold of so was a waste of time

Really, what recipes are they then? With all the Asian and Chinese stores about the place you can get 99% of everything he uses, at least I always have been able to.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lovely to know that a chef's passion for food does not always have to end up as a schoolboys swearing session.

Oh, tell me about it. The day I heard Mary Berry tell viewers "Bollocks to what the recipe book says, just chuck in a spoonful of f*****g Stork margarine & be done with it" was a low point for me.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Watching the latest series ATM but prefer it when he cooks fish dishes that's what he's best at.

Plenty of fish recipes in the book. Believe me , the Passanda was unbelievably great, though I say it myself. I made it with Chicken Thighs as I think they are tastier than chicken breasts. Tomorrow I will try something else.

TNBA

TTF

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I only saw him for the first time the other night and just loved the programme. Wife went straight onto Amazon and bought me the book which arrived yesterday so a few gastronomic tour de forces soon in the DS household....starting with p192 by the looks of it

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham

TNBA

TTF

Ah! The GOD OF 'Quick slurp' Camera up here Clive...that was Keith Floyd....but do like to watch Ricks programmes as well....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here