Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool reject Paul Ince's offer of resignation

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If they let him resign now they will have to pay us compensation for Gus as technically he is still our manager pending the appeal.:wink:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Financial Fair Play must be bloody painful at Blackpool you woud think

Still on parachute payments, no?

Although not sure how much of that trickled down to the playing budget...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
What a shock to see him bottling it again. Was easy when he had it handed to him on a plate at MK Dons, then failed at Blackburn, failed back at MK Dons, failed at Notts County, failed at Blackpool. Who in their right mind would employ him?!

On another note, Appleton to Blackpool? :lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Still on parachute payments, no?

Although not sure how much of that trickled down to the playing budget...

In the year they were in the Premier League didn't the club pay £11M remuneration to a company with 2 directors , one of them being Owen Oyston and the other his wife ? Owen Oyston being the father of chairman Karl Oyston and major shareholder in the club as one of six directors.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Wasnt it reported that the chairman pocketed something like 12 mill the season they were in the prem , but refused to pay competitive wages

Whoops didnt see post before

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If they let him resign now they will have to pay us compensation for Gus as technically he is still our manager pending the appeal.:wink:

No, technically he is sacked. He has a right to appeal that decision, but nevertheless, he is currently sacked and not our manager.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Probably also something to do with Tom Ince being off to Cardiff and Sylvestere going to a Turkish club. What with everybody else at the club being less than average they could be fodder this season!

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In the year they were in the Premier League didn't the club pay £11M remuneration to a company with 2 directors , one of them being Owen Oyston and the other his wife ? Owen Oyston being the father of chairman Karl Oyston and major shareholder in the club as one of six directors.

I believe they have said they are just looking after the money and will put it into the club when it is needed. Which I'm sure they will do. Of course.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm sure Financial Fair Play will result in many other managers spitting the dummy when they see how restrained they have to be in the transfer market. When Harry Redknapp can't do any more deals because of the FFP limits expect him to join Gus on the golf course because he's also reached the ceiling.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Probably also something to do with Tom Ince being off to Cardiff and Sylvestere going to a Turkish club. What with everybody else at the club being less than average they could be fodder this season!
Baptiste left for Bolton also. Given how tight he's been with regards to playing budget the past two seasons I doubt Oyston will reinvest much of the Tom Ince fee either, so like you say, I can definitely see them struggling as things stand.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here