Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***FLT20 Sussex Sharks vs Surrey Lions County Ground Hove 28.06.13***

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
T20 comes around but once a year, and old farts like me then weep and jeer....

Actually I don't mind it as much as I used to, although I much prefer the 40 over format which of course we are going to lose next year. :annoyed:

Anyway a Jakarta Sussex XI:

Nash
Wright
RHB
Styris
Dwayne
Joyce
Yardy
Brown
Jordan
Beer
Liddle

A lot of batting and 'enough' bowling in that lineup?

Although were obviously loose....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Machan for Yardy , Luke to bowl Yardy's 4 overs , strong line up .

They won't drop Yardy - he's probably the most economic bowler they've got

isn't Prior free to play the first few games?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not sure about Prior , would still prefer Machan in that line up his fielding is superb on the ropes and looked pretty strong against Notts , Joyce at 3 is a good call he must be near top of the batting averages so far this season .

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
were loose

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
It's a strong team but I don't want to see them bat in that order. The first five are all fantastic hitters but there is nobody there who can be relied upon to play a long innings if required. Even in 20/20, wickets in hand is still vital, and that top order will undoubtedly be brilliant a lot of the time, but it also looks like it could be 20-4 occasionally to me. Also, we don't want Joyce and Yardy at six and seven, as if they're together in the last few overs we won't hit enough boundaries. I'd put Joyce a lot higher (probably at three) to play the role the Goodwin had in this team in the 20/20, on the basis that he can sacrifice himself if we're doing well.
wa
Fully agree. With the new fielding restrictions it is the last 5 to 10 overs where the runs are really to be had when somebody has their eye in a bit. Yardy's running between wickets is a bit of a worry when the pressure is really on.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just seen that Prior is with the England squad. The good news is that Figjam will be too

Wonder if Jordan will play, he's had a few injury niggles

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Machan for Yardy , Luke to bowl Yardy's 4 overs , strong line up .

Yardy was a World Cup winner in the England T20 side along with Luke Wright.
Why would you not play one of the best T20 bowlers in the country?

The weather looks good for this evening, it should be quite an atmosphere.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Are you having a laugh? Yards is just about the best bowler in the whole competition!

No i would of put a smiley at the end if i was having a laugh , and Yardy was nowhere near the best bowler in last years comp , in fact he was the 5th best in just the sussex squad behind Beer , Khan , Liddle , and Styris who did bowl only 111 balls compared to Yard's 192 but the facts dont lie . Wright has found a run up and length to keep the runs down and should be willing to bowl a whole lot more , good fielding is as important as batting and bowling in 20/20 , Yards is not the fielder Machan is so in balance thats why i would like him in the team , i hope thats ok with everyone im just having my .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
hope the weather improves

It will.

Should be clear over Brighton mid to late afternoon, so unless more rain blows in the game should go ahead just fine. It won't be the evening sunshine everyone would prefer though!

I'm looking forward to this after getting washed out at the Oval last night!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
not beenfor a while. does anyone know if you can still take a few tinnies in?

Last time I went I was told you can't bring your own tinnies. However, inside the ground it was possible to purchase a can of warm Whitbread " Best " Bitter for the princely sum of £1.95..... that was about 8 years ago. Which is why I stopped going.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here