Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthing - Restaurants

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
Hopefully nsc folk can help/

Looking for a decent restaurant to go to in or around Worthing this evening.

Have been to the Liming's and love this place but would like to try something else. any recommendations please?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The two in Brunswick Road used to be good, I can't remember their names though, they did lovely fish dishes.

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
Efes restaurant - turkish food. Good value and great food, highly recommended, make sure you book though

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I ate lunch at the Hare and Hounds in February, whilst not the 'fancy' restaurant type place that I usually choose when I eat out, this was a homely, welcoming and as good quality as anywhere,........

If you want 'fancy',... try the Indigo, according to my brother in law anyway.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Tex Mex is pretty fun
Efes good food
Loads of good curry places.
Something Thai is pretty good, or Lemongrass (although heard this has gone down hill now.)
Sylvan Oak at Findon for something a bit nicer/special.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I ate lunch at the Hare and Hounds in February, whilst not the 'fancy' restaurant type place that I usually choose when I eat out, this was a homely, welcoming and as good quality as anywhere,........

If you want 'fancy',... try the Indigo, according to my brother in law anyway.

I ate at Indigo twice, first time was really good and I couldn't wait to go back. Second time was a Sunday night and it was like Fawlty Towers. My guess is that the chef and head waiter were on their nights off, but if it is that bad surely they would be better just closing for the night ? Net result is I wouldn't bother going again.

Was there a restaurant in Worthing called The Parsons something or other once?

Seem to recall it being very good but that was probably 10 or so years ago now.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Have been recommended the Crescent road restaurant but I gather it's difficult to get in, so tonight might be tricky. I ate at "Food" last week, that was pretty good.

Tried this one last year, after I noticed it was getting rave reviews on Tripadvisor. It felt a bit like judging on Masterchef, some nice ideas that didn't quite work, some brilliant touches and a couple of things that seemed to have been a bit rushed. The restaurant wasn't that busy that night, so we left feeling a little bit cheated. I guess the acid test is, if you plonked this restaurant in the middle of Brighton, or even the West End of London, would it survive ? I suspect not, but it seems to be doing okay serving locals, who don't want to go too far for a decent meal.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Tried this one last year, after I noticed it was getting rave reviews on Tripadvisor. It felt a bit like judging on Masterchef, some nice ideas that didn't quite work, some brilliant touches and a couple of things that seemed to have been a bit rushed. The restaurant wasn't that busy that night, so we left feeling a little bit cheated. I guess the acid test is, if you plonked this restaurant in the middle of Brighton, or even the West End of London, would it survive ? I suspect not, but it seems to be doing okay serving locals, who don't want to go too far for a decent meal.

To be fair, it has had some what of a relaunch recently, and appears to have stepped up since Easter.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Was there a restaurant in Worthing called The Parsons something or other once?

Seem to recall it being very good but that was probably 10 or so years ago now.

Yep Parsonage in Tarring, had a rep for being very high end 'classic', but now a bit more gastro. Good (but selective) Tapas menu I hear.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

We're booked in for early August. Have had a look at the menu, and it does look a little different, with some things on there that may or may not work. Possibly overly experimental - trying too hard, but I've not tasted it yet. Two of our group went there last week and said it was fab, but I'll make my own mind up when I go. Must be busy though, I know it's only small, but it's quite difficult to book for a Friday night a month in advance.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here