Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you move your season ticket seat to help the club out?

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Reading a previous thread about lots of single seats being left, would you be prepared to move along one or two seats to create a pair so the club would have better chance of selling them? The empty single seats would need to be in the same block and same row to create a pair know and people would need to keep end of aisle seats because I suspect they have been asked pacifically. If I was asked them I think I would.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I moved seats yesterday and there are precious few doubles available. But there are loads of singles and it doesn't take a whole lot of imagination for the club to either just move people along 1 or drop them a mail and ask, I certainly wouldn't have been bothered. It would free up a significant number.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, one seat wouldn't be a problem, a free beer/pie on e-cash would be a nice thank you or incentive for this I think.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They did do in the family stand.
We were all shunted down one, this time last year.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I moved seats yesterday and there are precious few doubles available. But there are loads of singles and it doesn't take a whole lot of imagination for the club to either just move people along 1 or drop them a mail and ask, I certainly wouldn't have been bothered. It would free up a significant number.

Is that no doubles where you wanted to go to or the whole ground!?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Is that no doubles where you wanted to go to or the whole ground!?

I was looking in West Lower or NW/SW corners, not too near front. By loads meaning the fella said there were singles around but very limited doubles. Course, if not in same row gets too complicated

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I was looking in West Lower or NW/SW corners, not too near front. By loads meaning the fella said there were singles around but very limited doubles. Course, if not in same row gets too complicated

Fair enough, you (or anyone!?) got a running total on sales??
I have a Personal Seat Licence and I know of one other in my row in WSL and 3 in the row in front. We cannot be moved so the club in effect have to shunt in rows without a single PSL I guess?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Fair enough, you (or anyone!?) got a running total on sales??
I have a Personal Seat Licence and I know of one other in my row in WSL and 3 in the row in front. We cannot be moved so the club in effect have to shunt in rows without a single PSL I guess?

No idea how sales are going but when I rang yesterday to move wasn't much at all in the areas I was looking. They can't shunt you but they could ask you to move up 1 which I doubt would bother unless you've decorated it or something :smile:

Reading a previous thread about lots of single seats being left, would you be prepared to move along one or two seats to create a pair so the club would have better chance of selling them? The empty single seats would need to be in the same block and same row to create a pair know and people would need to keep end of aisle seats because I suspect they have been asked pacifically. If I was asked them I think I would.

no!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It was obvious this was going to happen at some point when they allowed people to just choose any seat they wanted. I know of people that have bought 2 in the middle of 4 spare! The sales people should have just asked them to buy next ones along either left or right.

I sit next to a mate and his kid and then my 3 kids are directly in front, if they bumped all 6 of us along it wouldn't be a problem, infact I would probably prefer it to get away from the twats behind!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I know of people that have bought 2 in the middle of 4 spare! The sales people should have just asked them to buy next ones along either left or right.

One decent way to start would be to change the software for online sales. Ticketing systems exist (many London theatres, for example) that specifically prevent the creation of single seats in this sort of circumstance - they just won't allow you to purchase the "wrong" seats. The coding is somewhat harder than you might intuitively think, but it's been done dozens of times.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Each seat is worth, what, say £400-£600 a season as a ST, or a lot more if sold 23 times at matchday price. So before the cards go out send out an email offering a free pie/pint/whatever to anyone moving up. Sell a lot more of the gaps, having eliminated the singles. Make a load more money at a 'cost price' of about £5 a pop. Easy.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yes, as long as it wasn't a major move. I'd shift along a few seats, but I love where I am.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here