Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Impressed by Albion

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
Albion’s newly appointed head coach Oscar Garcia has admitted his excitement by what he has already seen at the club.

The Catalonian was introduced to the squad on Thursday morning and told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m impressed with the people I’m working with at Brighton and I’m very happy; it’s a pleasure for me to be here.

“This morning I met all the players and I saw a lot of good things this afternoon. I knew English football and I knew some players who are playing here."

The former Barcelona midfielder also discussed his passion for attacking football and firmly believes style and substance can go hand-in-hand.

“My obsession is to attack, to attack the opposition, to keep the ball and to have the ball as many times as possible. If we have the ball we will have many chances to score and win the game. That’s my philosophy. If you play good football you will have more chances to win than if you play bad.”

Meanwhile the 40-year-old spoke frankly about the differences of being a coach compared to his playing days, and admitted coaching has long interested him.

“When I was a professional player I was always thinking about what the coach was thinking and why he did certain things.

“I started to think that I wanted to be a manager or a coach. I love thinking about how we can win a game, how we can create an opening - these kind of things got me thinking that I wanted to be a manager.

“It’s difficult because when you are a player, you think maybe only about yourself but when you are the manager you have to think about maybe 30 people and it’s not easy. It’s more difficult being a coach or a manager.

“But when you prepare for a game and you’ve done something in training which you then see the results of on the pitch, it makes you very happy.”

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/oscar-impressed-by-albion-883784.aspx#GvEWUhvjUfdophAd.99

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Albion’s newly appointed head coach Oscar Garcia has admitted his excitement by what he has already seen at the club.

The Catalonian was introduced to the squad on Thursday morning and told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m impressed with the people I’m working with at Brighton and I’m very happy; it’s a pleasure for me to be here.

“This morning I met all the players and I saw a lot of good things this afternoon. I knew English football and I knew some players who are playing here."

The former Barcelona midfielder also discussed his passion for attacking football and firmly believes style and substance can go hand-in-hand.

“My obsession is to attack, to attack the opposition, to keep the ball and to have the ball as many times as possible. If we have the ball we will have many chances to score and win the game. That’s my philosophy. If you play good football you will have more chances to win than if you play bad.”
Meanwhile the 40-year-old spoke frankly about the differences of being a coach compared to his playing days, and admitted coaching has long interested him.

“When I was a professional player I was always thinking about what the coach was thinking and why he did certain things.

“I started to think that I wanted to be a manager or a coach. I love thinking about how we can win a game, how we can create an opening - these kind of things got me thinking that I wanted to be a manager.

“It’s difficult because when you are a player, you think maybe only about yourself but when you are the manager you have to think about maybe 30 people and it’s not easy. It’s more difficult being a coach or a manager.

“But when you prepare for a game and you’ve done something in training which you then see the results of on the pitch, it makes you very happy.”

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/oscar-impressed-by-albion-883784.aspx#GvEWUhvjUfdophAd.99

Liking this bit a lot.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Why oh why does Adam Tighe feel the need to indulge in the most abused football cliche of all - the practice of misusing the word 'admit'. He manages to do it twice here - all right, Brian Owen would have have done it ten times (he once had a player admitting he was looking forward to the season starting) but Mr Tighe's efforts are still enough to irritate me. Sorry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here