Oscar obcessed with attacking football

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Love the turn of phrase 'obcession is to attack'

bring it on.

From official web:
Albion’s newly appointed head coach Oscar Garcia has admitted his excitement by what he has already seen at the club.

The Catalonian was introduced to the squad on Thursday morning and told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m impressed with the people I’m working with at Brighton and I’m very happy; it’s a pleasure for me to be here.

“This morning I met all the players and I saw a lot of good things this afternoon. I knew English football and I knew some players who are playing here."

The former Barcelona midfielder also discussed his passion for attacking football and firmly believes style and substance can go hand-in-hand.

“My obsession is to attack, to attack the opposition, to keep the ball and to have the ball as many times as possible. If we have the ball we will have many chances to score and win the game. That’s my philosophy. If you play good football you will have more chances to win than if you play bad.”

Meanwhile the 40-year-old spoke frankly about the differences of being a coach compared to his playing days, and admitted coaching has long interested him.

“When I was a professional player I was always thinking about what the coach was thinking and why he did certain things.

“I started to think that I wanted to be a manager or a coach. I love thinking about how we can win a game, how we can create an opening - these kind of things got me thinking that I wanted to be a manager.

“It’s difficult because when you are a player, you think maybe only about yourself but when you are the manager you have to think about maybe 30 people and it’s not easy. It’s more difficult being a coach or a manager.

“But when you prepare for a game and you’ve done something in training which you then see the results of on the pitch, it makes you very happy.”

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
More Bobbies on the beat
The spelling and grammar police are expected to increase their patrols over the next few weeks in the lead up to the new season.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
“My obsession is to attack, to attack the opposition, to keep the ball and to have the ball as many times as possible. If we have the ball we will have many chances to score and win the game. That’s my philosophy. If you play good football you will have more chances to win than if you play bad.”

Well, it could be a very exciting season. I will take that as a philosophy.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Well, it could be a very exciting season. I will take that as a philosophy.

Indeed, but a Plan B is also required because we know how 80% of the championship teams are going to play when they come to the Amex. Or maybe not. The other bit of the "barca" game consists of closing teams down all over the pitch to win back possession quickly. To do this the players will need to be hyper fit so if we're going to play like this these next few weeks are pretty important.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
More Bobbies on the beat
The spelling and grammar police are expected to increase their patrols over the next few weeks in the lead up to the new season.

Once the schools break up there will be a huge increase in errors. Joy! (Although to be fair obcessed did deserve it. Especially as it was in the title!)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Oscar and Poyet seem to have the same idea that possession of the ball is a good first priority. No wonder these people get such high wages. :smile:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I went to the doctor last week and said "Every time I break wind it sounds like a Japanese car backfiring". He said "You must have an abscess in your bottom". I said "How do you know that?" He replied: "It's obvious. Everyone knows abscess makes the fart go Honda"

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Oscar and Poyet seem to have the same idea that possession of the ball is a good first priority. No wonder these people get such high wages. :smile:

The difference between Oscar and Gus is that Oscar likes fast, attacking, possession football. Gus just seemed to like possession football.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
There will be some serious bus-parking at the Amex next season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here