Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My Dog : GUS or OSCAR !

seagullsoveroxon

Jun 19, 2011
I am in a bit of a dilemma ! I named my Retriver /lab dog Gus after you know who when he was a pup 3 years and all has gone so well with all my family and friends loving his name and he being the twinkle in my eye and how I used to love calling his name with pride in my local parks ! How things have changed in the last few weeks ! I have told the wife that if Gus( Poyet ) goes WE will have to change his name with which she insisted NO WE WILL NOT !! Due to the way poyet has left this has left a sour taste in my mouth and I WISH to change his name to Oscar ( good choice in my eyes !) . Is is worth the ear bashing or fallout that could happen or should I MAN UP and just tell her Oscar is his new name ! thoughts please !

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
I think you should remember fondly the good things Gus did for us, I would think they far outweigh the bad.
Stick with the name, it's not worth the hassle, we all know who the boss is in every house regardless of how we like to think differently.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You'll confuse the hell out of it if you change its name. Get another so you have have Gus and Oscar. Also what happens if this all goes pear shaped in six months and you have to rename him again as " 'arry "

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
You'll confuse the hell out of it if you change its name. Get another so you have have Gus and Oscar. Also what happens if this all goes pear shaped in six months and you have to rename him again as " 'arry "

This get another dog,call it Oscar then kick gus in the bollocks every now and then, sorted.

I am actually joking but it's worth a thought.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
As he will only react to the basic sound of his name the only option for a name change is Rus.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Is this thread really happening *rubs his eyes*

the dogs f***ing name is GUS, leave the poor thing be !

What you going to do when a Premier League team comes in and takes Garcia away ? Strewth

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
What a stupid thread. It's called Gus, live with it and next time don't name a pet after a mercenary of the football world (unless it's a hamster or something that lives what 2-3 years)

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
At least you didn't call your kid Gus!

Gus was on the shortlist for my boy 4 yrs ago and Gus was on the shortlist for the new dog 8 months ago. Thankfulky i saw sense and listened to the wife.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here