Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Revolution = Evolution

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
I cannot help but feel that the transition from 'small' club to big club is well and truly happening. Still a long way to go and whether you agree with Knight's comment that the club is going to corporate or not the fact is that to succeed the notion of running the club along traditional English lines has passed. So Oscar is head coach.. this is the continental way of doing things and I absolutely agree with this. I saw on another post the quote of 'night of the long knives'.. With DK standing down and Naylor reporting that development coach Luke Williams is leaving we really are seeing an earthquake of changes through the club. The key now is transfers and I hope Lopez is offered a bigger carrot to return with Upson. Vicente?? Im not convinced and would rather have someone whose going to be 100% fit bar a bad tackle.

Last thoughts.. Quotes about Oscar from an Israel and Naylor..

1. "Garcia took a tense club and got it to relax. He took a depressed club and infused it with new life"
2. "Always plays 4-3-3 influenced by total football of Cruyff Barcelona."
3. "Maccabi had 85% success at home, 62% away. He is also a big fan of rotating"
4. "Never changed his beloved formation but in important games used more defensive players."
5. "Always plays 4-3-3 influenced by total football of Cruyff Barcelona."
6 "like Gus but different!"

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's time for some classic Partridge. Watch from 2.22 onwards...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
all looks very good
but you excuse me if I keep my powder dry for a few months
I liked Gus and I believe he put us on the right path ,now lets see if that path takes us to a better place

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
surely its worth Vicente on a year or play as you play contract.....or even a pay as you 'take people on and make them look silly' contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here