Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luke Williams gone...?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Naylor on twitter:

@AndyNaylorArgus: The #bhafc overhaul continues. According to my sources development squad coach Luke Williams has parted company with the club.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Was reported by someone on here yesterday also said Dean Wilkins was coming back. Personally I'm shocked

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A real shame if true, he's a great coach. The Knight of the Long Knives continues it seems.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A real shame if true, he's a great coach.

How do you know? That's not a dig - what are you basing that on?

Surely the proof in the pudding, so to speak, of how 'good' the guy in charge of the DS is, is how many players make the step up?

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Looks like TB is having a proper clear out.
Oscars no 2 was a goalkeeper, so I wonder if Beasleys job is safe.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
How do you know? That's not a dig - what are you basing that on?

Surely the proof in the pudding, so to speak, of how 'good' the guy in charge of the DS is, is how many players make the step up?

From knowing people have played for him, family included, he was rated as a good coach. Much better than the dinosaur that waa hinsh, feels slightly harsh getting ride of him as he hasn't don't much wrong.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I really hope the rumour about Wilkins is true. I would love to see him back involved with the club. Heading up the Dev Squad is perfect for him.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
A real shame if true, he's a great coach.
It may be that someone finally questioned why very few of the DS ever really came up to 1st team standards. I was always of the impression that Gus just didn't fancy blooding youngsters if he could avoid it, but maybe it was because the players never actually got up to the required standard?!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Two of most people's criticisms last couple of seasons - tactical naivety from the management team and lack of players breaking through from the DS. Just looks like TB and co have assessed the weaknesses in our structure and are acting accordingly. Shame for the personnel involved but positive for the club.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Probably not good enough though.

Remember our development squad will be competing in the top division with all the top Premier League teams when the new training ground & academy is ready.

Based on that, I would have preferred Brady coming in to Wilkins...unless they are BOTH coming?

At the end of the day BHA can't afford to pussy foot around uncertainty anymore, there's too much money involved to just be there or there abouts. If the personnel are not doing what the spec says then they need to be replaced just like you or I in our places of employment. It is very clear that Bloom is putting people in place that are expected to produce the goods and let's be honest he's invested shed loads, along with all of the tools to be sucessful.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Two of most people's criticisms last couple of seasons - tactical naivety from the management team and lack of players breaking through from the DS. Just looks like TB and co have assessed the weaknesses in our structure and are acting accordingly. Shame for the personnel involved but positive for the club.

So, if TB made the final decision, does that mean Barber 'investigated'? If he did then he must be doing a very thorough and professional job...TB is not a fool and the more the pieces are coming together the more I am being impressed with TB's long game. Could just mean that Barber coming in was the first piece of a master plan by TB. All designed around his overall 5 year plan?...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here