Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The official "how will Warren Aspinall prounce it" thread

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Os-Car. I think even he can manage that.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ossie Gazza Juncket.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Never mind Aspinall, how are we going to pronounce his surname. Phonetically please.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Never mind Aspinall, how are we going to pronounce his surname. Phonetically please.

With my limited recollection of the my previously decent understanding of Spanish I think it's pronounced:

Yoonyent

Pretty sure a 'J' in Spanish is closer to a 'Y' in English. I could be wrong though.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill

Sitting here in my best attempt at a spanish accent I think it's along the lines of Oscar Garthia Who-nee-ay

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The trouble with Spanish names is that they are even pronounced differently in different regions of their country. What is Garthia in Madrid would be Garcia in Barcelona.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Why can't we just have managers with good old fashioned English names. Bloody Spanish coming over here with their maintenance or loss of distinction between phonemes represented orthographically and their bloody unstressed vowels.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
With my limited recollection of the my previously decent understanding of Spanish I think it's pronounced:

Yoonyent

Pretty sure a 'J' in Spanish is closer to a 'Y' in English. I could be wrong though.
That'll do for me, sounds feasible enough, thanksBB

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here