Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar's last season

BrightonISR

Jun 26, 2013
Hello guys, im an israeli fan of brighton, first time for me on boards,
im also a fan of Maccabi Tel-Aviv which Oscar managed to lead to the first chanpionship in a decade during the last season.

so couple of words about him
he took a squad whichfinished in the 7th place, and almost didnt change it at all except for 2 players.
the playing style durring the season was Realy alike the barcelona Tiki Taka in 4-3-3 formation.
last season maccabi scored 78 goals in 38 games which is more thab 2 goals per game!!!

here couple of vides of the best games from last season -
4-0 in the big derby of tel-aviv

Amazing win 3-2 in the 99th minute after it was already 2-1 for the rivals in the 90th minute

amazing 5-0 win over another huge team in ourleague-

another great 5-0 win

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Thank you sir and welcome to NSC.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hi, thanks for posting!

Looks like a pretty attacking league. Do you think Oscar will play his team as offensively over here? With Gus Poyet we tended to get a goal and sit back which ended up with a lot of teams getting back into the game and resulted in a lot of draws. This certainly cost us automatic promotion this year. Do you think Oscar's philosophy is more positive?

Oh, and all the best for a good next season!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
thanks for posting
the 3-2 win was great and coming from behind like that is not something we are used to
so lets hope there is plenty of that this season
welcome to the board

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Welcome and thanks for posting. Macabi only conceded 7 goals at home last season - so I don't think he takes a Peterborough approach to winning games. Score lots and concede very few. Nice!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Hello guys, im an israeli fan of brighton, first time for me on boards,
im also a fan of Maccabi Tel-Aviv which Oscar managed to lead to the first chanpionship in a decade during the last season.

so couple of words about him
he took a squad whichfinished in the 7th place, and almost didnt change it at all except for 2 players.
the playing style durring the season was Realy alike the barcelona Tiki Taka in 4-3-3 formation.
last season maccabi scored 78 goals in 38 games which is more thab 2 goals per game!!!

here couple of vides of the best games from last season -
4-0 in the big derby of tel-aviv

Amazing win 3-2 in the 99th minute after it was already 2-1 for the rivals in the 90th minute

amazing 5-0 win over another huge team in ourleague-

another great 5-0 win

In your opinion are there any players at MTA that you would expect Oscar to be coming in for?

Maccabi

Jun 26, 2013
You can see here one more amazing comeback of us.
the goalkeepers was in an awful day but Oscar making important changes during games that are helping the team to turn the score around.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
You can see here one more amazing comeback of us.
the goalkeepers was in an awful day but Oscar making important changes during games that are helping the team to turn the score around.

Nutmeg the keeper to win the game. Great stuff! Oscar looks like he takes it all to heart. A lot of passion.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Hi to another newbie!

I have just read the report in the argus quoting an Israeli journalist who says that Oscar is loathe to change his system and never adjusts the formation although he does play more defensive players in big games.

The same report says that the home record for maccabi was much better than the away record.

Finally, this journo says Oscar was very boring and spoke only in cliches without giving the reporters 'headlines'.

My point on all that is the journo, for whatever reason, has made me feel less positive about Oscar as he sounds like Gus in the sense that there is no plan 'B'. The journo also says Oscar is very quiet and does not really interact with his players much, preferring to mix with his spanish coaching staff instead.

With your knowledge of maccabi perhaps you know about this journo, is he being fair to Oscar?

Creating little 'headlines' sounds great after Gus 'the talker' but I am a little worried by this distance he has from the players and the lack of a plan 'B'. Based on your post and the comebacks his team did, was this because he did in fact tinker and change the game or was it just a case of keep playing as you are and it will eventually come good?

I was very excited yesterday by oscar's appointment so I hope you shoot this journo's comments down!!......

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
It's going to be an interesting season. Thank you for the original post. I think we're all on Oscar's side and just can't wait for the season to start.

Maccabi

Jun 26, 2013
Hi to another newbie!

I have just read the report in the argus quoting an Israeli journalist who says that Oscar is loathe to change his system and never adjusts the formation although he does play more defensive players in big games.

The same report says that the home record for maccabi was much better than the away record.

Finally, this journo says Oscar was very boring and spoke only in cliches without giving the reporters 'headlines'.

My point on all that is the journo, for whatever reason, has made me feel less positive about Oscar as he sounds like Gus in the sense that there is no plan 'B'. The journo also says Oscar is very quiet and does not really interact with his players much, preferring to mix with his spanish coaching staff instead.

With your knowledge of maccabi perhaps you know about this journo, is he being fair to Oscar?

Creating little 'headlines' sounds great after Gus 'the talker' but I am a little worried by this distance he has from the players and the lack of a plan 'B'. Based on your post and the comebacks his team did, was this because he did in fact tinker and change the game or was it just a case of keep playing as you are and it will eventually come good?

I was very excited yesterday by oscar's appointment so I hope you shoot this journo's comments down!!......

I can answer.
Oscar is the most boring manager i ever seen in the interviews it's true, all of the year the journalist that were used to get headlines and never got any in this year tried to demolish him in reports like this, also this report is from the early stages of the season when he played more defensive and just get to know the team.
after 10-13 games he got the knowledge of the israeli league and played a lot more offensive - than the results started to changed and every home match ends 3-0, 4-0, 5-0, 6-2, 5-0 again, after this results the media changed the attitude for him.
try to ignore israeli media about him from the first part of the season, to be a foreigner in the israeli league is very hard, the media hate you and everyone thinks they know much better then you.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
It's going to be an interesting season. Thank you for the original post. I think we're all on Oscar's side and just can't wait for the season to start.

Just to confirm I am too but this journo seemed to 'talk him down' a little which seemed weird considering he won the league quite easily by all accounts and in his first season there!!

We are all aboard the Os - CAR....

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
I can answer.
Oscar is the most boring manager i ever seen in the interviews it's true, all of the year the journalist that were used to get headlines and never got any in this year tried to demolish him in reports like this, also this report is from the early stages of the season when he played more defensive and just get to know the team.
after 10-13 games he got the knowledge of the israeli league and played a lot more offensive - than the results started to changed and every home match ends 3-0, 4-0, 5-0, 6-2, 5-0 again, after this results the media changed the attitude for him.
try to ignore israeli media about him from the first part of the season, to be a foreigner in the israeli league is very hard, the media hate you and everyone thinks they know much better then you.

Thanks for that.

The argus report made it seem like they just spoke to the reporter recently...

Definitely 100% on the os-CAR now. I think it's going to be quite a ride!!!

BrightonISR

Jun 26, 2013
Journalists in israel didnt like maccabi because they didnt hive em headlines this year after many tears everything happend in the team was known to everyone, so because of that most the the journalists saw Cruyff and Oscar as their enemys.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I can answer.

This may be one of the reasons for his appointment. Love him or hate him, Poyet definitely went too far in in some of his interviews with the press and a quieter manager who is less likely to court controversy may have been one aspect TB was after.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here