Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight in today's Argus

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Why would he upset the apple cart now, we are just getting sorted!

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Yeah have to say I think he should have kept his mouth shut in this instance. It's not helpful to open up yet another can of worms at this stage. Clearly there is some internal restructuring/culture change going on which is best done privately!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One control freak replaced by another?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Should be online in about an hour. I used to buy it every day but it works out at nearly £5 a week now so it went among the last lot of cutbacks.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
"The club should have dealt with it in house" says Albion life president to the Argus, in crticism of club chairman's approach

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Like he did when everybody down to the toilet cleaner knew what was happening at the club. Sour grapes!

You knew everything that happened? If it was dealt with in house, you wouldn't have known, would you? Why do you think people are still questioning Wilkin's dismissal?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Like he did when everybody down to the toilet cleaner knew what was happening at the club. Sour grapes!

Ben's Grandad talking about sour grapes. Anyone that has been on this board a while will spot the irony in that post.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I tend to agree.

And thanks Walt, I'm looking forward to reading this. Certain friends of mine have decided he's turned into a bitter old crusty - I want to make up my own mind.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I've read it and it appears a little bitter.

The AITC has had a reputation of being a bit of an old pals act or "jobs for the boys" and if you read thru DK's interview it feels like that's being changed....for the good or for the bad, who knows?

What the AITC does a is raise huge amount for the local community through their coaching courses and fundraising. However, at times in the past it has been run a little lazily and not very professionally and that is being changed by the club.

Speak to many youth soccer clubs in our area, they have had, in the past, a reputation of promising things like free tickets for kids, player meetings, etc but have not followed through on their promises and this has led to many clubs treating them with disdain and this then reflects poorly on the senior club. However, in recent times, this has changed and the AITC have made massive strides in the right direction.

Both ourselves (Mile Oak Wanderers) and Hawks Youth have a good relationship with the AITC and many of our players benefit from a good relationship between us and the AITC through their coaching courses, which i have to say are outstanding....especially for up and coming female footballers.

Dick Knight laid the foundations for a successful AITC, but it probably does now need to be taken to the next level and that is something that Paul Barber will be able to help the club with.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Also, lets not kid oursleves that AITC will provide the club with an excellent non-charitable aim - identifying promising young talent in the community who may be future academy prospects.

On the basis that the charity acts as our interface with the community as grass roots level, I wouldn't be worrying too much about the clubs plans for it. It is absolutely in our interests that the charity is well received and has as large a network as possible.

The charitable arm also.continues to draw down significant public grants for skills training initiatives so as long as these remain available I would expect that part of AITC to.continue also.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I wonder what Dean Wilkins makes of Dick Knight moaning about how the club is run and DK's opinions on managerial sackings. I bet DK isn't half so critical of the club in his autobiography when talking about the circumstances leading up to Wendy's sacking.

Fortunately for Dick Knight's reputation, Wilkins has had the grace never to criticise Brighton subsequently.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here